***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Guys, most if not all exynos 4 devices are affected. Doesn't matter when you got your device and if you're rooted or not.

Epic **** up on Samsungs part.

It's only because someone decided to post the exploit and HOW to actually do it without reporting it to Samsung!

Anyway, Chainfire updated his app so that root users can prevent the exploit, affects camera usage though.

The curse of the S3 sudden death strikes again. No word of a lie three of my friends have had their S3's die within a day of each other. The common link? All three phones were bought in June.

This doesn't bode well for those who bought their S3's around release day. The sudden death thread over at XDA is running over 40 pages of people saying the same thing.

Samsung need to get a grip on this.

how many s3 have they sold ? 30-40 million , id hardly say its a problem

It's a problem if 5 of 7 people I know have had their S3 fail all of a sudden. Maybe it's a drop in the ocean of 30-40 million S3's sold, but it's happening at an increasing rate to those who bought their S3's early on.

It most definitely is a problem and it isn't just a minor issue, but a serious one, for the reasons that stoosh etc. have given. Phones don't just die after a certain amount of usage (especially when the phone isn't even 1 year old yet), you don't see threads that are as big as the one on XDA etc. for the likes of the GS 2, one S/X, iphones etc.

And chances are, the note II as well as the GS 3 LTE model could be affected (more or less the same hardware and I can't see the motherboard being any different, which seems to be the root of the problem), they might just not be experiencing the problems yet as they haven't been out as long as the normal GS 3 model.

Surprised news sites still aren't reporting this, yet they can jump on the exynos powered phones being exploited via that software thing in a heartbeat...... Either way if Samsung don't do something soon, there are just going be more and more dead GS 3 devices each day and if this is happening to 5+ people within the same day now, then chances are 10 million or so devices could just die within the next week and if that were to happen and all the news sites started reporting about it then a lot of people will be put of Samsung.

Last edited:
Either way if Samsung don't do something soon, there are just going be more and more dead GS 3 devices each day and if this is happening to 5+ people within the same day now, then chances are 10 million or so devices could just die within the next week and if that were to happen and all the news sites started reporting about it then a lot of people will be put of Samsung.

A lot of phones will fail on the 21st. You read it here first. ;)

It most definitely is a problem and it isn't just a minor issue, but a serious one, for the reasons that stoosh etc. have given. Phones don't just die after a certain amount of usage (especially when the phone isn't even 1 year old yet), you don't see threads that are as big as the one on XDA etc. for the likes of the GS 2, one S/X, iphones etc.

And chances are, the note II as well as the GS 3 LTE model could be affected (more or less the same hardware and I can't see the motherboard being any different, which seems to be the root of the problem), they might just not be experiencing the problems yet as they haven't been out as long as the normal GS 3 model.

Surprised news sites still aren't reporting this, yet they can jump on the exynos powered phones being exploited via that software thing in a heartbeat...... Either way if Samsung don't do something soon, there are just going be more and more dead GS 3 devices each day and if this is happening to 5+ people within the same day now, then chances are 10 million or so devices could just die within the next week and if that were to happen and all the news sites started reporting about it then a lot of people will be put of Samsung.

Its a major problem and I don't understand why this hasn't got the bad press that it deserves. Its like having a time bomb in your pocket whilst you're waiting for your S3 to die. That's why I got rid of my Pebble Blue S3 and I made up my mind to sell it when
mrk 's S3 suffered the sudden death fate.

You are most certainly right that even the Note II and S3 LTE might even suffer the same fate especially if it is a motherboard problem then Samsung would have messed up big time. It makes me want to jettison my S3 LTE and move onto something else.

This is worrying...you don't have 40+ pages on XDA and say it isn't a problem because quite frankly it IS.

Got mine on release day and its all seems rosey, not worried that it might just suddenly die a death but who knows hopefully samsung would replace it without quibble...with a pebble blue instead of white lol.

It's a problem if 5 of 7 people I know have had their S3 fail all of a sudden. Maybe it's a drop in the ocean of 30-40 million S3's sold, but it's happening at an increasing rate to those who bought their S3's early on.

Out The 7 how many rooted or put on different Roms? Wonder if kitchen a software problem given the recent exploit and the recent problems with some Roms bricking devices?

I got my s3 on release day and yrt (touch wood), have had a problem,

A lot of phones will fail on the 21st. You read it here first. ;)

I will be in my nuclear bunker with my S just to be on the safe side! :D :p

Its a major problem and I don't understand why this hasn't got the bad press that it deserves. Its like having a time bomb in your pocket whilst you're waiting for your S3 to die. That's why I got rid of my Pebble Blue S3 and I made up my mind to sell it when
mrk 's S3 suffered the sudden death fate.

You are most certainly right that even the Note II and S3 LTE might even suffer the same fate especially if it is a motherboard problem then Samsung would have messed up big time. It makes me want to jettison my S3 LTE and move onto something else.

This is worrying...you don't have 40+ pages on XDA and say it isn't a problem because quite frankly it IS.

Yeah, if I had a GS 3 normal or LTE or note II, I would have sold it until Samsung made an announcement about it, stating, who is affected, what they are doing etc. as you said, like having a time bomb on you and will most likely die when you need it the most :rolleyes: :p

it's just a phone and I'll cope without it ;)

You say that now......... :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom