1 Series - F20

Must admit I'm slightly torn between a 1 and a 3 for my next company car (amongst others).

Still waiting for the prices but a 125d or i 1 series in M sport trim might be a decent enough choice.

Well, only if the 328 is out of scope (I seem to have already picked this in my head!) ;)

Will have to get Fox to pick from the list for me when the time comes :)

[TW]Fox;21517137 said:
He fails :( He's buying a 118i because it's 'only' £24500' whereas the 125i is too expensive at just £1500 more :p
With the options I listed above the 125i is nearly £29k.

Any issues buying a used approved if you find one with all the options you want plus more and the larger (read: better) engine?

With the options I listed above the 125i is nearly £29k.

So the £1500 difference between the two models is proportionally even less then. You are obviously not skint if you can justify this sort of cash on a hatchback that'll be worth £10k in 3 years time so stop faffing and get it done properly.

£27500 for a 118i or £29000 for a 125i.

No brainer surely?

You'll probably get the difference back at resale time anyway.

Really ?

mythumb.php

Blue looks marginally better than white, agreed.

Show me an e46 m3 in estoril blue - that's what the colour was made for.

Also, 24.5k for a 118i? Jesus... No doubt the CO2 emissions are like omg amazing though.

My g/f has a 120d '54 Sport which has done about 70k miles - I enjoy driving my ep3 civic that's done about 105k miles a trillion times more and it's worth about half the £££.

Unless it's a company car I don't understand why people buy a 1 series (except for the badge - the whole fwd/rwd argument is kinda null and void with a 118i)? Each to their own.

Last edited:
Oh, didn't realise. What's the comparison like with the old? I found the previous hatch M Sport to be absolutely amazing, pointy and grippy with great feedback without too much of a compromise in the ride. Surprising to say the least.

My mate has just bought the basic 116d version and......it's OK actually. Nice inside compared to the last version and doesn't look quite as awkward and I agree, one of the few cars that looks good in white...but needs the right wheels, much like the white on posted actually.

Why not spend less on a 135i? Yes it's not new, but it wont depreciate like the new one. Spending that much on a car and it's not something fun is criminal.

135i is available in the coupe, E87 looks pretty good. Unlike the F20. But it is your choice......

Last edited:
Why not spend less on a 135i? Yes it's not new, but it wont depreciate like the new one. Spending that much on a car and it's not something fun is criminal.

The 135i is a completely different car - it is the old shape 1 Series. This is the all-new one.

Well not really, you appear to be suggesting he buys a completely different car - the 135i isn't even available as a hatchback.

Back
Top Bottom