£10,000 And I Don't Want It!! Arrghhhh!

Caporegime
You seem quite sure about how things were said. Were you there because you come across as knowing all about how his friend conducted himself. Maybe you have never had any good friends if a gesture like this is beyond you.

If the op can use the money to buy his kids somethin nice or go on a family holiday then I bet his friend would get a great kick out of it. Everyone is so pessimistic on this forum, looking for the worst in everyone.

Err yes of course, ive never had any good friends if the concept of someone throwing 10k at me is alien. Glad to see your logic is as mature as, erm...

Either way it doesnt take a genuis to read the OP (or the OPs last post in this thread)and work out that his friend was being glib with the cash.

Anyway OP, it will give your kids something to look forward to. My advice: invest in some silver. :p

Soldato
Haven't read through the entire thread, but anyone called BS? Anyone could write a cheque for that amount.

A bank statement with 10K deposited now that would make me think of a serious answer

No - nobody has called BS and asked for proof, because as low as GD can get, it still isn't quite as bad as a youtube comments section :p

Associate
think of your kids future. Apart from this it clearly isn't meant as an insult, he is just showing his gratitude to you and if like you say, he is loaded, then the money is nothing to him and he would most likely waste it. You however will not if you gain interest on that for your kids tuition fees/wedding fund/whatever

This so much. With the prices being much higher next year, I'd put it in a savings account for them and they can use it to pay for uni/a car/training courses.

No matter how it's meant, money is money - and at the minute I think it would help no matter how you get it!

Soldato
if i didn't need the money i would have done one of those charity challenges like trek peru or something. at least it's going to a good cause.

but because i am in need of the money it would have went towards buying a house lol

Associate
Cash, put in savings account, spend £1000 on some presents for you and the wife. Forget the rest for now. If you or your friend need it in the future, it will be there, plus interest.

Soldato
Stop being a **** and too proud.

Cash it in and give it to your kids towards education/property if you don't want to spend it yourself.

Soldato
Honestly when life throws you a win you damn well take it. Life is too short to be prideful about something like this. Obviously your friend values you and feels that you've been a good mate, he has asked for nothing in return other than your happiness. Take it, enjoy it and feel good about yourself that someone can appreciate you in such a way.

Associate
A few years ago I would have said to you give the cheque back.

But if I was in that position and gave that sort of money to a friend I would like to think they would accept it. He certainly feels that 10k is going to do more for you and your family than his.

Back
Top Bottom