£10,000 And I Don't Want It!! Arrghhhh!

Caporegime
sounds like an expensive insult to me, though he might have had good albeit misguided intentions

None the less, if you've not seen him in years then I don't see the issue, who cares if you inflate his ego a bit its still 10k, unless you're likely to make bags of cash in the near future I'd be tempted to drop your principles and simply accept it.

Cash it in :)

Does he seriously make nearly 1.5 million pounds a year?!

Slight maths fail there tbh... 4k a day != 1.5 million a year

working days != number of days in a year

Associate
If he only earnt a little money and you gave him a tenner it would be no big deal to you apart from making you feel good for helping a mate out, but it would mean a lot to him... It's all reletive.

You need to put your self in his shoes and see what he's getting out of it.. Feels good to be able to make some ones life a little easier in a way that he can.

Take the money, don't disrepect his offer and treat your family, you could always buy him a little personal gift from you all in way of honest thanks ?

Soumds like a good guy, sure you'd do it for him if roles were reversed ..

Soldato
He earns £4k a day and only has a crappy Yorkshire Bank bank account? No Coutts or Premier? Hmmmmm

not quite the same, but I have a large sum of money put away for my best friends two kids. If I die, they'll get it, specifically them, not him, as I know he'd blow it on Transformers or something stupid!

Last edited:
Associate
think of your kids future. Apart from this it clearly isn't meant as an insult, he is just showing his gratitude to you and if like you say, he is loaded, then the money is nothing to him and he would most likely waste it. You however will not if you gain interest on that for your kids tuition fees/wedding fund/whatever

Associate
Wow your decision is better than the one I come up, was gonna suggest donate it charity but with the way thins are going with student fees you are wise to invest

Permabanned
Im glad you have lost all your pride and accepted the cheque.

Your wife will be thinking of him the next time you insert your cash card into her hole in the wall.

:p

Back
Top Bottom