• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Soldato
Hard to say right now based on the inconsistent information out there so far. I'm yet to find anyone who is seeing this issue widespread like some sources are claiming including a couple of people I know who manage 100s of 13th and 14th gen systems for work (they are seeing more like 3% failure rate) and I haven't encountered theses failures yet on any 13th or 14th gen system I've had anything to do with.

I can tell you it’s fairly widespread just by the
number of cases we see on the ROG forum, I’m not at all surprised by some partners seeing the numbers being quoted.

Last edited:
Soldato
To say my subjective experience is this is fine, nothing to see here is not helpful, you are literally the only one on the internet trying to gaslight people, everyone else agrees there is a serious issue here.

As immaterial as this may be, I don’t think you’re in a position to be calling anyone out for gas lightning having never seen one of these CPUs in person, let alone used one. Lets keep things in the sanity lane lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I can tell you it’s fairly widespread just by the
number of cases we see on the ROG forum, I’m not at all surprised by some partners seeing the numbers being quoted.

How many are actually *this* problem though?, I see a loads of posts about 14900s (and 14700s) crashing where it is far more likely incompatibility/wrong settings/unstable RAM/other software issues than this specific issue with Intel CPUs.

Last edited:
Soldato
How many are actually *this* problem though?, I see a loads of posts about 14900s (and 14700s) crashing where it is far more likely incompatibility/wrong settings/unstable RAM/other software issues than this specific issue with Intel CPUs.

All of the obvious factors are established before coming to more sinister conclusions. Failing the user being stable at Intel Fail Safe SVID and reducing the core frequency to 5500MHz, quite often the user will come back to say that a replacement CPU solved the problem. Of course, not all requests for support are going to be the main crux, but the frequency of the reports for these CPUs is exponentially higher than 12th gen. If I had to put a number on it, I'd probably guestimate similarly to Nexus' numbers and say as much as 25% may be impacted - but right now we're still working with incomplete information and the cause is unverified.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom