• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

i have done the latest beta from msi , i know its only cinebench but i have lost 8000 points on multi core with that patch , will wait for final release but i think theres a big can of worms here that intel have to deal with. Place i bought my 14900k from wants it back for testing. I can easily replicate crashes on mine just loading into servers on cs2 triggers a crash from mine 70% of the time

i have done the latest beta from msi , i know its only cinebench but i have lost 8000 points on multi core with that patch , will wait for final release but i think theres a big can of worms here that intel have to deal with. Place i bought my 14900k from wants it back for testing. I can easily replicate crashes on mine just loading into servers on cs2 triggers a crash from mine 70% of the time
Hopefully something can be sorted out for you, crazy how you know 5 others with the same issue you all get the CPU's from the same place at around the same time or something.

I got the beta also a few days ago for a 13600K and nothing realy changed voltage goes up to a max of around 1.19 under all core load, around 23k which is again normal in cinebench no problems. What this bios did do was kill my Windows Activation and it wont reactivate but I'm thinking if I fix this will it happen again with the mid August patch so yeah thanks Intel MSI.

The latest COD now crashes on my 14900KS since it appeared on GamePass :rolleyes:

Good thing I have another gaming machine to use which is AMD based. But this is ridiculous !

Last edited:
I hope places are reasonable with returns and results from the "testing" they do (lets face it, the testing is always crap).

"It works fine in our testing" could be the nightmare phrase that owners of these silicon mistakes will be hearing.

Not 100% been following it, but is this issue only affect the high end chips, or is it all Raptor lake/refresh chips?

Just bought some 14500T based machines for work...
Well after months of keeping very quiet, Intel recently admitted that not just i7/i9 K's are affected.

However the latest official word is anything over 65W so your 35W ones should be fine. Might still be no harm to look at as hardware monitor program and see what the max voltage it sees. If that seems high, then maybe consider looking if they BIOS lets you lower that.

Not 100% been following it, but is this issue only affect the high end chips, or is it all Raptor lake/refresh chips?

So far it isn't clear what the extent of it might or might not be, or what the actual root cause(s) are. Lots of people have run away with speculation and a few limited situations where people have seen high failure rates which it hasn't been confirmed yet whether that is reflected in the wider population of these CPUs or not.

The issue seems to most commonly occur in situations involving 65+ watt CPUs, running clocks from around 5.6GHz upwards and exhibiting voltages in excess of 1.5v under various conditions but has also apparently been seen in more limited numbers in CPUs outside of those parameters. There doesn't seem to be one reliable way of testing for the problem but CPUs which seem to be suffering from this or some variation of the issue right out of the box commonly fail stress testing (both single and multi-thread) with Cinebench R15 (for some reason they will often pass the newer versions of Cinebench until significantly degraded).

Last edited:

14500T has a C0 die which uses different microcode to the B0 dies, so I suspect it is not susceptible to the overvolting bug and I'd say it also uses a different manufacturing process (which so far as we know has had no problems) because it is based on the alder lake 8+8 C0 die instead of the raptor lake 8+16 B0 die.

people i play cs with 5 of them have 14th gen all have issues 1 is a month old 14700k
on the other hand, in my house I have 2x 14th gen (14600k & 14900k) and 1x 13th gen (13700k) all of which have had a LOT of use without any issues at all.

Last edited:
My 13600k seems solid as a rock... voltages never get high, I am running an undervolt via negative offset though...had it about 18 months...

Finally, thanks to Gigabyte for allowing me to join the rather non-elite, but seemingly crowded, Intel gimp club....

Z690-AORUS-ELITE-DDR4-rev-1-x-Support-Motherboard-GIGABYTE-Global.png

I feel honoured, my CPU feels mightily cooled, and my RL has now regressed back to the performance of my 9900k.

Awesome time warp experience.

thats good to see some working , how long have you had the 14th gen ??
The 14600k has been getting hammered daily since Dec. The 14900k, only a couple of months - only ever used on the bios with the intel profiles on, recently updated to the 0*125 microcode update. I can't see any voltages that are untoward but I guess time will tell with this CPU. Pretty gutting as I bought it just at the time when all this dropped.

I got the 14900k new but from eBay, CPU only so if it did degrade I would have to get creative forging a receipt! Not ideal.

Shame about your CPU - are you planning to return it?

Last edited:
Finally, thanks to Gigabyte for allowing me to join the rather non-elite, but seemingly crowded, Intel gimp club....

Z690-AORUS-ELITE-DDR4-rev-1-x-Support-Motherboard-GIGABYTE-Global.png

I feel honoured, my CPU feels mightily cooled, and my RL has now regressed back to the performance of my 9900k.

Awesome time warp experience.
Try under volting your CPU. You should retain most of the performance.

I have a negative offset of -0.13500v and my Cinebench R23 score is around 38.5K vs 40K ish when running on the unlimited mode (I only ran this once just to see the difference).

Try under volting your CPU. You should retain most of the performance.

I have a negative offset of -0.13500v and my Cinebench R23 score is around 38.5K vs 40K ish when running on the unlimited mode (I only ran this once just to see the difference).

Thanks.

I am yet to use that default function. My RL 14700k runs fine with an offset of -0.05v. That seems to be the most stable. I can't remember which of the content creators it was who noted that whilst an offset is helpful, it can't prevent the CPU from, at times, demand high vcore voltages. Perhaps I have that explained incorrectly, as mine is "only" an i7 14700k the issues noted have not concerned me in terms of its running.

Back
Top Bottom