• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

MLID claims Intel is working on a 86 core CPU this year to compete with Zen4 epyc, featuring 15% higher IPC than Raptor lake.
Then Intel is working on a 132 core CPU to launch next year to compete with Zen5, this CPU features 3 chiplets with each housing 44 cores. Then in 2025/2026 Intel plans for a 344 core CPU with 4 chiplets, each with 86 cores.

Last edited:
MLID claims Intel is working on a 86 core CPU this year to compete with Zen4 epyc, featuring 15% higher IPC than Raptor lake.
Then Intel is working on a 132 core CPU to launch next year to compete with Zen5, this CPU features 3 chiplets with each housing 44 cores. Then in 2025/2026 Intel plans for a 344 core CPU with 4 chiplets, each with 86 cores.

If MLID said it, we know it's not happening :P

Flagship Meteor Lake 22-core CPU apparently cancelled as Intel could market MTL-S towards prospective Core i5/i7 gamers​

Looks like Ryzen 7000 X3D could be the reigning gaming performance king for a long, long time.

The article says Intel have trouble making them, that's not what MLID said.

Raptorlake CPU's are too big, the margins too low, Intel thought they could put AMD back in their box and go back to charging a few hundred $ more which would justify the size of the things, they did this before with Commetlake, the 10900K being a 10 core they went back to the highest level SKU being an 8 core with Rocketlake, the 11900K, Intel didn't reckon on Zen 3 being such a huge jump over Zen 2.

The rumour is they will do it again with Metiorlake because they aren't making any money on Raptorlake against AMD's pricing and they haven't been able to effect AMD's marketshare enough to push pricing up on Metiorlake, so they will be 6 P cores.

Intel's mindshare is gone, they can't charge higher than AMD anymore.

Last edited:
We need Intel to keep pushing or AMD will become the new Intel and jack prices and deliver 4-5% improvement per gen.

I'm still more worried about Intel trying that than AMD, AMD have the engineering to keep costs down, Intel don't and its causing them very real problems so they have a much greater incentive to push prices up, its actually AMD that's holding them down, which in a way is also not good because it spells trouble for Intel and we need both to be competitive.

This is what i'm worried about. in Q4 2021 Intel had 37% operating margins ($3.8 Billion) on client products, that's stuff you and me would buy.
Compare that to Q4 2022, 11% operating margins ($0.7 Billion)
Yes that is as bad as it looks.

RM1DtDC.png

Intel reiterates its plans to launch Meteor Lake in second half of 2023, Lunar Lake next year​

5uQp8H4.jpg

Can't see the room for a "Raptor Lake refresh" between now and 14th gen release, think that rumour was nonsense, I don't remember seeing it on any of those "official" roadmap leaks either tbh

Last edited:
This is what i'm worried about. in Q4 2021 Intel had 37% operating margins ($3.8 Billion) on client products, that's stuff you and me would buy.
Compare that to Q4 2022, 11% operating margins ($0.7 Billion)
Yes that is as bad as it looks.

RM1DtDC.png

Intel better hope 14th gen is something special. I don't see how it can compete with Zen4X3D based on what we know so far.

Intel reiterates its plans to launch Meteor Lake in second half of 2023, Lunar Lake next year​

Can't see the room for a "Raptor Lake refresh" between now and 14th gen release, think that rumour was nonsense, I don't remember seeing it on any of those "official" roadmap leaks either tbh

I remember seeing the refresh on this, From what I can tell it's an actual Intel roadmap.

7F1xMF7.jpg

Either way I'll be holding out for Lunarlake if Meteorlake arrives this year, I'd like a fairly hefty CPU perf jump.

I wouldn't waste time thinking about what Intel says it has "planned". They're as full of plans as people are full of gas. MTL looks like a certified dud, so who knows what Lunar Lake will pan out to be. We can only hope they'll at least pull off another Alder Lake even though that was more of a band-aid gen than anything.

I remember seeing the refresh on this, From what I can tell it's an actual Intel roadmap.

7F1xMF7.jpg

Either way I'll be holding out for Lunarlake if Meteorlake arrives this year, I'd like a fairly hefty CPU perf jump.

Hmm, strange that things have changed so much then. That clearly shows Raptor Lake refresh for Q3, Q4 2023. No mention of Meteor Lake at all there.

Hmm, strange that things have changed so much then. That clearly shows Raptor Lake refresh for Q3, Q4 2023. No mention of Meteor Lake at all there.

That is because that is a desktop and workstation roadmap, and they may end up doing what they did with 10nm transition which is to fetch a few smaller laptop parts out first, just to say they have 'launched' Meteor Lake for the investors sake.

A test motherboard for Intel's mammoth LGA7529 has leaked.

This socket is for the Sierra Canyon line of CPUs coming in the 2024 which feature up to 512 next Gen E cores on a 1600mm2 CPU and the board can have two CPUs for a total of 1024 next Gen E cores

Last edited:
E cores are here to stay it seems. Intel have a good partnership with Microsoft, ensuring the scheduler is aware and ready to take advantage of the E cores.

Hope AMD get the same treatment from Microsoft with the Zen4 X3D chips (scheduler needs to know which CCX has the extra L3 cache etc)

Back
Top Bottom