• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

I'd be surprised if that 14600k is a 8P configuration. If it is and priced like the 13600k, deal of the year easily.
Apparently it is 8P + 8E for the 14600k ....

Last edited:
Apparently it is 8P + 8E for the 14600k ....

If its true i'd be tempted purely for gaming, need to see what the ipc uplift is though and see a few benchmarks for 1440p gaming.

I'd be surprised if that 14600k is a 8P configuration. If it is and priced like the 13600k, deal of the year easily.
Might be, as Intel need to find something. Add 2 cores and drop 4 threads, disable a few features. Should still have good separation from the 12900 and 13900.

Last edited:
Is power consumption mentioned anywhere? A 5% increase in performance is negligible, but if that beast ends up consuming 100w+ more, it won't be celebrated excessively.

Welcome back! Didn't you switch from 13900k to 12900k due to high power consumption? Were you unable to optimize the settings and had to use stock settings?
I switched cause there was no performance difference in 4k,the 4090 was a huge bottleneck, while the 13900k was pulling more power in games. Regretted not going for the ks.

For non gaming workloads the 13900k was a dream though, way more efficient than my 12900k. My 12900k needed 300w to get the same performance as the 13900k at 100w, so there is that

But how is that relevant?

Last edited:
Maybe the refresh is to reduce power consumption rather than increase performance
Considering how much the current generation consumes, even if it were just that scenario, it would still be a great success for Intel, lol. However, most customers logically won't be satisfied with that, just like they weren't satisfied with Nvidia's 4000 series, which consumes significantly less than the previous generation. But customers also want a leap in performance when they buy something new, no matter how affordable the product may be.

Back
Top Bottom