£1850 Budget for Gaming Rig, Monitor snd Rift Bundle.

Associate
OP
@Plec @orbitalwalsh

Ok, the reason the cooler wouldn't go back in was because of the back plate had come off.

There seemed to be an even spread of paste although quite thin.

I think I might get some paste and an extra fan, for the effort its going to take its got to be worth it.

Ive taken a picture of where I think the extra fan should go (at the front) but it looks a bit tight I will post it soon.

I'm going to run real bench again and let you know where we are.

Cheers lads!

Soldato
@Plec @orbitalwalsh

Ok, the reason the cooler wouldn't go back in was because of the back plate had come off.

There seemed to be an even spread of paste although quite thin.

I think I might get some paste and an extra fan, for the effort its going to take its got to be worth it.

Ive taken a picture of where I think the extra fan should go (at the front) but it looks a bit tight I will post it soon.

I'm going to run real bench again and let you know where we are.

Cheers lads!

yeah, you have to unclip the front panel off and have a long screw driver, or remove the HDD racks - but worth it

remember , you'll have to close the panel as well. hopefully should straight away see idle of 25-35c with or without glass panel back on

Associate
OP
So the new fan will.go at the front here below the other fan next to the hdd bays. And the new fans comes with a preinstalled lead that will plug in the connector I have spare in the case? This connector in the case im guessing goes back to the fan controller in the front? And also supllies power?

Thanks again guys.

Associate
OP
@orbital @Plec

I'm going to up the res and FPS and see it says on and what the temp goes too

Lads, if I go to auto detect setting in the graphics section it sets everything to medium (2560X1400)? Why is that? don't seem right for a £779 GPU?

Last edited:
Soldato
Games always under estimate HW - stick verything on ULTRA and benchmark it if it has the option.

And have you installed the monitor drivers and instructed Nvidia control centre (or display adapter properties - set screen refresh rate to 75) that your monitor is 75Hz?

Soldato
That temp is fine when gaming , I know Real Bench puts a lot of stress down, was more worries about your idle to be honest .
But yeah seems, contact is fine, extra airflow should help a bit more

Might be have to manually overclock the monitor - might be a freesync thing of 75hz is detected with AMD card.
There is a thread on here about that monitor !!!!
Should help

As Plec says, ultra that badboy !!!!!!

Also, have a feeling why might be idling high ...

Did you change power plan to max in Windows settings ?
I did with mine and idles at 35c with core set to 4ghz !

Easy check - set power plan back to balance .

Soldato
Thermal Grizzlie paste, non metal one !!!
Best there is

Again, check my above comment about power plan as a tester

Fan comes with 3 pin connector you'll hook up to the fan controller cables at the back of the case and

Back
Top Bottom