£1850 Budget for Gaming Rig, Monitor snd Rift Bundle.

Associate
OP
I have the same issue ! Only recently with BT. My router is going . I have to unplug the power. Swap ports and after ten mins plug the mains back into the router .
Windows states it's can't be assigned an IP address of something like that

Run dual 140mm on twin builds in the same case you've got.. no be though :(

6XpU3r7.jpg

Does provide and nice flow . Also you'll have positive pressure to less dust entering through unfiltered gaps

Also removing unwanted HDD trays helps... But I'm lazy !

That's cool!!

I see you've pulled all the power cables from the PSU through the side and have them hidden between the side panel the side you mount the mother board too. I'm going to do that tomorrow when I apply new pasted to the cpu cooler and add the extra fan mine are all just sitting under the HDD bays at the minute, I'm going to have a sort out tomorrow!! quite looking forward to it!!!

My extra fan is going to go where yours is bottom right next to the HDD bays. Should I clear them out while I'm at it?

I cant wait to see the wifes face when I start taking it all apart again:):):):)

I put on minecraft in VR using the controller and pushed that button and nothing happened, must a software issue, I'm going to check the buttom mapping in gamme and see what that buttons mapped to if I can find it.

Associate
OP
Update on the controller in The Division.

The button itself is used to bring up the map, I pushed it and the map tried to lunch but then it all switched off instantly as before.

I then loaded the game again and this time pushed M on the keyboard to bring the map up and it came up fine, I then pushed the button on the controller and closed the map, I then pushed it again on the controller and it opened the map without problems, I done it a few times without issue? Odd!!

Soldato
At least you can be fairly confident it's a controller specific problem - be it driver, game conflict or faulty device.

It may 'automagically' sort itself out - but if it keeps on crashing i would google the problem or stick to keyboard and mouse.

Associate
OP
At least you can be fairly confident it's a controller specific problem - be it driver, game conflict or faulty device.

It may 'automagically' sort itself out - but if it keeps on crashing i would google the problem or stick to keyboard and mouse.

Cheers @Plec so should I adjust my back to 3200? It didnt show right in CPUz did it so maybe I should leave it as it is? What do you think? Cant do anything at thw minute, the misses is on there doing some bits!!!

Associate
OP
I have the same issue ! Only recently with BT. My router is going . I have to unplug the power. Swap ports and after ten mins plug the mains back into the router .
Windows states it's can't be assigned an IP address of something like that

Run dual 140mm on twin builds in the same case you've got.. no be though :(

6XpU3r7.jpg

Does provide and nice flow . Also you'll have positive pressure to less dust entering through unfiltered gaps

Also removing unwanted HDD trays helps... But I'm lazy !

How did you get lights in your fans? Are they not the stock ones?

Soldato
Cheers @Plec so should I adjust my back to 3200? It didnt show right in CPUz did it so maybe I should leave it as it is? What do you think? Cant do anything at thw minute, the misses is on there doing some bits!!!
I would leave it at 2933MHz and get some user time under your belt to confirm general stability.

The odds are you may have tweak the voltage to maintain 3200MHz (not unusual) - but you need to get some user hours under your belt so we can ascertain all your hardware is running harmoniously and Windows/drivers are behaving themselves.

Then, when you do tweak the memory if you start getting problems we can pretty much rule everything else out.

Soldato
How did you get lights in your fans? Are they not the stock ones?

My cable management is shocking on that one haha, at the back is a mess and far to many cables on show for my liking

7XrOXaS.jpg

They are Phanteks halo RGB fan covers. Bolt over stock Pure wing fans. Since their blade have grooves it makes a lovely effect . Connections are plugged into Mobo RGB header

B9NWtDx.jpg

Yeah, remove the HDD trays if you don't need them mate :) they break up smooth airflow

Wouldn't set ram back to 3200 until you've done an overclock . Few factors at stock that might stop it from working. 3000 is currently working so stick with it :)

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh @Plec

Understood lads, I will add the extra fan tomorrow and clean and add new thermal paste to the cooler and then just use it for a while and keep an eye on the temps and take note of any issues.

I will let you know tomorrow temps after im done.

@orbitalwalsh have you got a link to fan rgb covers? Is it a case of just putting them on the front of each fan and then plugging them into the mother board? How many of the rgb covers can the motherboard take?

Thanks again for your help lads, speak to you tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Thank you @orbitalwalsh i will add those
Thanks @orbitalwalsh i will have a look at those.

Quick one, we mentiined Battlefield 1 before, is that the one that was released in 2016? I keep.hearing about the game but when i looked it up it showed one released in 2016, is that the one?

Associate
OP
Paste
likes threads on CPUs which is good :D

need to get yourself some VR games!

has paste arrived ?

Fan and paste is here but no cleaner, that must be on a seperate delivery and im leaving work now, parents evening:)

Is there anything else i can use to clean before applying the new.paste?

Soldato
Is there anything else i can use to clean before applying the new.paste?

Isopropyl is the best - but not sure it's as ready available as it used to be. I know chemists have stopped stocking it. B&Q might... Dedicated TIM cleaners are ridiculously expensive for the ingredients...

Otherwise methylated spirits will do the job but it's not as pure IPA - so i would wipe any residue off with a lint free cloth afterwards, if you use this. Other members use is all the the time as their choice of cleaner - but as i have lites of IPA i've only ever used that.

I used to use my wife's nail polish remover years and years ago - but even this doesn't have the right ingredients anymore.

Soldato
that or when im really lazy, kitchen towel and wipe it off..... haha- dear dear
We've all done it when desperate - as mentioned the wife's acetone based nail remover used to be my staple when i first started building computers, many moons ago.

I've used meths recently - when visiting a friend - which turned out to be an evening stripping his PC due to random crashes which he thought was normal :/ It's amazing how many nights out to friends and family i end up taking apart bits of hardware - as long as i have a beer in my hand i'm usually quite happy...

Back
Top Bottom