• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hopefully these will be a worthy upgrade over an i5.

Depends what you're doing and which i5, but likely yes.

Personally, I'm still on X58 and a 2007 case so any modern CPU will be an upgrade. Although I've done a few upgrades, I haven't done a full system build since 2009 so I'm using that as justification for an expensive build now. In my mind I've "saved up" by not doing a build for 8 years I'm giving myself additional budget this time around to go all out on threadripper. At least that's how I'm justifying it to myself. :p

Soldato
Depends what you're doing and which i5, but likely yes.

Personally, I'm still on X58 and a 2007 case so any modern CPU will be an upgrade. Although I've done a few upgrades, I haven't done a full system build since 2009 so I'm using that as justification for an expensive build now. In my mind I've "saved up" by not doing a build for 8 years I'm giving myself additional budget this time around to go all out on threadripper. At least that's how I'm justifying it to myself. :p
I'm running that much programs on my system its actually close to 100% even before I turn a game on. Things have to be switched off to do any gaming which is a bugger for me. My hope is threadripper will have that much spare resources I can do everything at the same time.

Associate
14608908_1213740272021660_5750138256975297043_o.jpg

What does this have to do with CPUs? (btw would bang x10000)

Associate
Smoking hot, we talking about Intel's X299 platform right? ;)

That level of hotness is more surface of the sun than X299.
I'd say she has a TDP around 1.21 gigawatts. I just hope nobody takes her over 88MPH...

Dunno what you're on about, it's clearly some kind of liquid cooling she's demonstrating.

I'd give her some liquid cooling... ;) ;)
If you know what I'm saying... ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom