• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

;)

Soldato
Absolute cracking deal this. Anyone in the market now for a 1440p ultra eye candy at 100fps capable GPU would be silly to pass up this V64 deal. I’ve had mine since day 1 release, been an incredible card for 15 months, smashes 1440p gaming, add freesync and it’s a buttery smooth flawless frame time experience.

It’s performing better than 1080 cards with some tweaking that can easily be found in the V64 thread, plenty of help from us over there. Big new driver coming next month. I’m not lying, I don’t even game on my 1080ti rig, vega64 and freesync is a heavenly experience.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Absolute cracking deal this. Anyone in the market now for a 1440p ultra eye candy at 100fps capable GPU would be silly to pass up this V64 deal. I’ve had mine since day 1 release, been an incredible card for 15 months, smashes 1440p gaming, add freesync and it’s a buttery smooth flawless frame time experience.

It’s performing better than 1080 cards with some tweaking that can easily be found in the V64 thread, plenty of help from us over there. Big new driver coming next month. I’m not lying, I don’t even game on my 1080ti rig, vega64 and freesync is a heavenly experience.

Is it worth it when the 1440p monitor in questions is GSync? :(

I'm so torn, but I need to replace my 970 soon as I want better BF5 fps, bleh

Soldato
So can I sign up to AMD rewards without it an AMD card? Does it ask for serial number or run a system check for an AMD card?
That's a good question. Go to amdrewards.com and see if you can sign up ? Can't say I remember if it asked for a serial number, pretty sure it wasn't doing a system check, unless it was done without any visible notice about it.

Soldato
Does the 64 come with 2 or 3x PCI-E power sockets? The OcUK picture shows 2 but the reviews and the manufacture's website shows 3 and says it requires a 850w PSU. I may have to cancel my order.

Soldato
Does the 64 come with 2 or 3x PCI-E power sockets? The OcUK picture shows 2 but the reviews and the manufacture's website shows 3 and says it requires a 850w PSU. I may have to cancel my order.

2 x 8-pin AUX Power Connector and 750 watt is recommended PSU but you can easily run it off a good 600 watt.

Soldato
Is it worth it when the 1440p monitor in questions is GSync? :(

I'm so torn, but I need to replace my 970 soon as I want better BF5 fps, bleh

Tough one that. It’ll be a massive boost in frames, but seeing as you already have Gsync that makes the choice a little more difficult. I can’t be without adaptive sync these days, it’s a total game changer personally. Is it a 144hz screen?

Soldato
A bit off topic, but I'm doing a total system overhaul for 7nm.

Zen2 + Navi.

Until then I'm just an interested spectator.

e: Also £200 to a max of £250 is my personal price point. Historically I've bought in the £150-£180 range (GTX460, 7870, etc) but for that money you get sod all these days.

Well, I would still suggest you buy the Vega 56 now. I think the performance of best Navi card will be reaching for 1080ti levels but it's going to cost more than £299. I don't think you will get Vega 56 performance from Navi for under £300. I hope I am wrong.

Caporegime
Trying to order, says 'Please set your shipping address' - no option to do so. Delivery and billing address are identical and have been set. 'Call the shop'? Or is there a trick? Trying to use PayPal.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Tough one that. It’ll be a massive boost in frames, but seeing as you already have Gsync that makes the choice a little more difficult. I can’t be without adaptive sync these days, it’s a total game changer personally. Is it a 144hz screen?

Yea it's the Dell S2716DG, maybe I just need to be patient and save for an Nvidia offering.

Associate
Yea it's the Dell S2716DG, maybe I just need to be patient and save for an Nvidia offering.
That's a TN panel. You will lose Gsync but will solve the colour banding TN panels do suffer from with an Nvidia card, plus the extra performance. I'd do it, image quality will be drastically improved for sure.

Associate
I was waiting for the 590 to replace a 1060 3GB i had to buy in the mining peak when my gtx580 went bang, at those prices i had to go for the vega 56!

I get a nice upgrade from the 1060 and my son gets the 1060 to upgrade from his gtx660!

Back
Top Bottom