1930s Semi Refurb - Part 11 of ... (Summer House)

This isn't for the solar install - this is just for the garden room. No solar there. Just a 32amp ring and 6amp lighting circuit - actual load will be a laptop charger, split A/C and an AP.
Cool ill soon find out what my sparky recommends. Then I'll probably say upsize it :D. I'm being a coward and getting someone else to look at it.

Ps what is AP

Last edited:
4mm is typically good for 32A but the cable length and installation method needs to be considered.

What protective device do you have on the house-end of the SWA? That’s what protects the 4mm SWA, regardless of what you fit in the Garden Room.

Your electrician may decide you need a larger earth conductor regardless.

It’s good you’re getting it inspected and tested

Last edited:
4mm is typically good for 32A but the cable length and installation method needs to be considered.

What protective device do you have on the house-end of the SWA? That’s what protects the 4mm SWA, regardless of what you fit in the Garden Room.

Your electrician may decide you need a larger earth conductor regardless.

It’s good you’re getting it inspected and tested
What do you mean, protective device? It goes into a BG Consumer Unit. It is fused at the house end and on an RCBO.

Edit: oh you said house-end; missed that bit. It is wired into the house CU on an RCBO. It is an existing circuit that was already there; I've just uprated it from 2mm to 4mm as it was cheaper. I have another thread on the electrics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom