1930s Semi Refurb - Part 11 of ... (Summer House)

Soldato
Yeah I think there a bunch of folk that have a mental barrier on the PIR. It isn't that bad at all TBH, especially if you use a nice long panel saw.

The size is just what's necessary I think - most of the heat is floor and roof so 100mm. Walls don't lose that much so 50mm is sufficient. Is how I remember it anyway!
I would probably just max it out really!

Have you planned your cable runs? Again I'd be tempted to get those in first and place the insulation over top. Dunno why - to get them deeper in the walls I guess?

Soldato
OP
I would probably just max it out really!

Have you planned your cable runs? Again I'd be tempted to get those in first and place the insulation over top. Dunno why - to get them deeper in the walls I guess?
I'm working on top of myself again - desperate to get the workshop empty so I can make space to run the wiring; which means getting the PIR out of there. The chap I am following runs his wires tight to the OSB in the roof for the lights; I'll probably pre-drill and come beneath as I can't get a drill up there now (another tip @Buffman - notch your roof joists before boarding). Wall wiring will go in front of insulation I think; as I am too late now :D

I also need to grab a reel of CAT6 from @doodah but my London days are all over the place ATM.

Soldato
You're a babe, thank you. I think I need about 100m tho lol! It is to wire the entire place in.
Hmm roll A says 69m (nice) and the other says 54m. So maybe a bit tight, I do need a few 10s of metres still to finish up my runs. Let me know if you can precisely calculate needing, say, 75m :D

Back
Top Bottom