1930s Semi Refurb - Part 11 of ... (Summer House)

For your TV pattresses, I'd recommend putting up some of your chipboard flooring/ply offcuts between your studs. They are a bigger area to screw in to than a single piece of CLS.

Yeah it is high isn't it! I'll see what other blocking I've got knocking about. Means ripping open the vapour barrier tho :D

That's what I get for trying to clever whilst knackered.

Is A/C provision or any additional ventilation holes on the agenda ... if it's becoming a cinema room.

Is A/C provision or any additional ventilation holes on the agenda ... if it's becoming a cinema room.
Yeah but I've ran out of brain cells to think about it. I've put a fused spur to an outdoor socket as I think you just power the outdoor unit?

If not I've left plenty of space to fish wires behind the plasterboard but my working assumption is outdoor power.

Day 14.5 (part 2)

Tried to squeeze 5 mins of DIY in today... it was all going so well (soffit lights):

yZeyM0j.jpg

Forgot I had doubled up the roof joists....FFS.
KQNxXRe.jpg

(just going to notch it with the multitool).

Just realised as well, my cladding will probably come out a decent amount. Oops. All in all, a fail of a day :cry:

Day 15.5 part a

Got itchy feet having ran the SWA so decided to quickly wire up the CU. Annoyingly; I would have been totally golden if I had done the incoming wires slightly lower - so now I have a minor "hole" to cover. Nevermind, I am over the moon - finally have power of some description.

Open to criticism on the wiring - never done a CU before. Earths are a tad bit rough and I need to trim the bus bar/add another RCD in.

oFt9wB5.jpg

Yippee

F9vcdSl.jpg

Day 16

I am brooooooooooooooooken.

Day started slow -
1. Nursery drop-off
2. Coffee
3. Itchy feet waiting for Southern Sheeting; desire to get rid of leftover 5x2
4. Allotment bed! I've got 2 more to make up and then the side return is also clear from random materials. I also have a bunch of fence posts for other "good ideas" that I'll chop up to make a composter. Plan to cover this with weed membrane and call it a day for this year.

vwb2d2p.jpeg

5. I then bizarrely had to go and count up to 11am, as I wanted a FlexiSpot E7 Pro and they do this BIZARRE anniversary sale where codes go live at specific times. Annoying AF. The 50% code was a scam - but I only paid £299 which is what I was willing to pay for the non-pro model. Great success except 4 seconds to "go time" and Southern Sheeting pull up........

6. This was annoying AF. 14 sheets. I mis-cut two, so the neighbour who hates me has a bit of a patchwork on her side :cry:

41VZzrd.jpeg

^ apols about screw alignment [+/- 10mm). I really did try and IRL it is less bad. Now they're up I can go and throw some more fixings in.

7. Then the internet man showed up. I've gone for Lit Fibre mainly because I thought they'd re-run the line as the previous guys did a bodge job across the front of my 1930s brick arch. Idiots. The chap came to "pre-test" on Thursday and said he'd use the existing line and just run it nicely for me. Top man!

8. Random bloke from internet showed up for 3 full sheets of PIR and tonnes of offcuts. Had he follow me down to the garden to pick up as many as he could hold :cry:

9. I then made a start on the nice stuff for the front, but not before fixing the spacing (top batten had sunk back 5mm or so). Drip edge and a long rip got my brain occupied for longer than it should take...

S8ugbiO.jpeg

lW9reQe.jpeg

Then had a text that the chap down the road had people nosing in his garden, so spent the evening locking things up..........bath time now.

Edit: awwwwwwwwwwwwyisssss

jvik5uw.png

Back
Top Bottom