2001 Honda Insight Mk1 - The OG hybrid now joined by a CRZ

Don
I give it two months then you get bored and realise all this economy, green, fuel saving jizz is precisely that and you miss having more than a remington sewing machine under your right foot.

and of course if im right then your long term residual and fuel return arguments are of course null and void and you have been forced to drive around in a sinclair C5 for the sake of it.

please admit you have bought an NSX, its in the garage and this is the courtesy car.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;13606882 said:
I think its being over-exagerated. Come on, he keeps it for what, 3-4 years and when he sells it it'll be an 11 year old car with what, 180-200k on it? Surely it wont still be worth £5k :confused:

Most likely the floor for this car is £2k irrespective.

That's cheap motoring.

Suspended
OP
I give it two months then you get bored and realise all this economy, green, fuel saving jizz is precisely that and you miss having more than a remington sewing machine under your right foot.

Might be right, but then you cant be that familar with the M42 in peak traffic? I get to drive enough decent cars at work anyway without having to pay for the priviledge.

Atleast I tried it out before forming my opinions. :)

Don
I don't care what his reasoning is for buying it. He doesn't need to justify it if his reasoning was "I want one".
Not my cup of tea, but I can see why it would appeal from an engineering/off the wall perspective.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
You're never going to win, every car decision has a compromise for someone else and it's a matter of subjective opinion. I think Simon has summed this up nicely and I'm glad someone has bought a car they're happy with and wanted, rather than a "look at me" toy that has lots of redeeming features but leaves a nagging feeling in the back of your mind; money. Which to be frank is what nags most peoples minds regardless of how deep their wallet is.

This car will be like the Suzuki Cappuccino in terms of residuals. They are old and tatty mostly, but they still hold their value to rarity. Add some unique technology and Greenpeace hugging environmental figures and you haveyourself a car with some value, regardless of age and milage.

Man of Honour
What would interest me would be your choice of car if you had to do a long commute where anything sporty is completely wasted and you were doing for example 45 miles each way every day.

I was - on my placement I was working in Exeter. It's 44 miles away.

However you could also end up like Gibbo and still live parents till 40 just so you can have a nice car :p

I can assure you that doesn't feature in my plans. I've had a change in priority recently, the 530 is staying for the forseeable future as I've other more important things in life to spend my money on.

Suspended
OP
[TW]Fox;13607043 said:
I can assure you that doesn't feature in my plans. I've had a change in priority recently, the 530 is staying for the forseeable future as I've other more important things in life to spend my money on.

This apparently isnt allowed. If you have a DC2 wrote off it seems you can only go on to upgrade your car to keen the E-peen friends with Buzz Lightyear.

Don
Atleast I tried it out before forming my opinions. :)

I am confident that I don't need to try it to know I'd hate it vehemently :p

I can't knock your reasons for buying the car because they are obviously sound, but given your appreciation for fast cars I'm sure you can appreciate the adverse reactions being generated here.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;13607024 said:
If you can sell it. Would you buy a 180k mile 11 year old Insight?

The mileage is of little concern as the engine is under minimal strain and has clearly been run on motorways for most of it's life.

Me? Hell no - I'd not buy it because whilst I'm interested in fuel economy - I'm not that interested. :eek: There are plenty of people who would though, economy freaks, people who do a long commute, tree huggers....

Suspended
OP
Free road tax is an instant moron selling net anyway :p

If you think about the actual revs it will have done compared to say a DC2 over its life with the addition of the low friction stuff the wear isnt a large concern. What other cars run 0-20 oil? Low end labour is less of an issue with so little weight and the electric assist.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This apparently isnt allowed. If you have a DC2 wrote off it seems you can only go on to upgrade your car to keen the E-peen friends with Buzz Lightyear.

I don't really think thats peoples point.

Besides I'm sure Gibbo doesn't live with his parents anymore anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom