2001 Honda Insight Mk1 - The OG hybrid now joined by a CRZ

Caporegime
What on earth is that.

Thats what Aids look like.

On a more serious note since i've only skim read the thread, you said something about the battery pack only being used when a boost in power is needed, in that case its quite amazing if it can get 100mpg, however i'm not sure the £1500 saving a year over a 34mpg car is worth it.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Its growing on me the more I look at it :D

The K20 convserion has my attention though, but I doubt that additional cost would outweigh the styling compromise :eek:

Associate
totalrecall09.jpg

For gawds sake cohagen...give deez people ayerrr

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;13602318 said:
You just said you were futureproof so I doubt resale is on your mind any time in the near future. So I'll ask again.

How much is a 51 plate Civic 1.4 in comparison with this car?

Dont start your usual bullstein lecturing people. I dont want a Civic 1.4 therefore I am not aware of the second hand values of a mass produced profit car. Hence I bought a car I have been interested in since July last year. You could tell me, enlighten me and raise some interesting discussion though, afterall im happy to take some flak on this forum as I know my usual style.

I have an all aluminium R&D test mule. To me, thats cool.

Soldato
OP
On a more serious note since i've only skim read the thread, you said something about the battery pack only being used when a boost in power is needed, in that case its quite amazing if it can get 100mpg, however i'm not sure the £1500 saving a year over a 34mpg car is worth it.

Indeed and my replacement would have been better of fuel than the Teg anyway. BUT my insurance is now fault claim and 1 years bonus + road tax and more use than business miles makes it sensible enough IMO to go for something different.

Theres only really road noise, wind noise is pretty much absent in the car at speed, you dont even need the brakes and regen does most of that.

Associate
i would rather have anal probing than drive that :)

Seriously?

Not sure why people think this appears to be such an abhorrent car, it's quirky, he likes it for it's engineering, it gets very good economy. Some must really detest driving to never give this car a chance.

Back
Top Bottom