2005 United States Grand Prix

Soldato
xyphic said:
They shouldn't. It's not just the Bridgestone teams that are at fault for spoiling the race. It could still have gone ahead with an alternative points allocation system (e.g. giving the Bridgestone runners the first six places, depending on the order they finish in the race) whilst still giving the spectators something to enjoy.

Is it still a race if there is no points for non bridgestone runners.

Arc

Arc

Associate
The last few interviews have added some more info.

Dont be so quick to trust Stoddart either, he is a very shrewd operator and definetly has his own agenda.

The Michelin runners wanted the track changed and still wanted to score points, that really aint fair tbh.

Soldato
I missed the initial build-up to the race, as far as I understand the people on Michies cant run as they wouldnt hack the high speeds and they asked for a chicane to be placed in to slow people down, the FIA knew that 90% of the people wouldnt run if this didnt happen yet they still chose not to put one in meaning people on michies cant run.

Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Its a bit of a farce, many people are demanding a refund and throwing cans on the track, if they were a real F1 fan they wouldnt try and endanger the lives of the remaining runners.

Associate
//Mike said:
Just like the Michelin tyres were dangerous?

The difference being that ALL the michelin tyres were dangerous, and known to be dangerous before the race. Schumachers wasn't known to be dangerous before the race, and has already been judged to be safe.

While it's similar to the michelin issue, it isn't the same.

Back
Top Bottom