2005 United States Grand Prix

Man of Honour
Memphis said:
In this thread, nobody said that. However I would like to see Type_R defend him on this one.
Didn't think anyone ever had an opinion of MS that didn't include him being a dirty driver...
Arc said:
Why do you want the two Ferraris to crash into each other? Dont you like them or something ;).
Got no dislike at all for Ferrari :) Just MS. If they'd collided and Barrichello had continued and MS crashing and burning that would have been fine too :)

Associate
KiNgPiN83 said:
How long have they known theyd be racing on this track? You wouldve thought that Michellin wouldve had tyres ready for the track? or am i asking too much? :D Who makes the indy car tyres?

Firestone make the indy car tyres - who are Bridgestone in the US ;). Unfortunately, Indy isn't designated as a test track, so its a bit of a gamble taking tyres to the race, since they can't test different compounds etc.

Caporegime
Arc said:
Why do you want the two Ferraris to crash into each other? Dont you like them or something ;).

We just want the top of the drivers/constructors championship to remain unaltered by this farcicle race.

Associate
//Mike said:
Firestone make the indy car tyres - who are Bridgestone in the US ;). Unfortunately, Indy isn't designated as a test track, so its a bit of a gamble taking tyres to the race, since they can't test different compounds etc.

Barcelona is the closest track to Indy cause of the high number of high speed right hand turns, those are the tyres that Michelin wanted to bring in but it was thrown out. Michelin cant do any testing on a track with 9 degree or similar banking so they cant get raw data unlike Bridgestone. (From what Martin Brundle was saying earlier)

On another issue, Ferrari have been told to cruise to the line, that, in my eyes is effectively team orders, technically barrichello should still have 14 laps to retake the lead but hes not allowed now, so why wont the FIA penalise them for issuing team orders.

Soldato
Serj said:
Totally. Adelaide '94 for example.

So what exactly did Brundle say to Bernie? Missed it on TV.

Was that with Damon Hill, where Schumacher purposefully swiped into Hills car to take him out...

I personally dont dislike Ferraris. My family is heavily McLaren influenced due to my parents occupations, but you have had to admire Ferraris in the past years as a racing team for their reliability. However, as with the Damon Hill incident whenever Michael Schumacher wants/needs something badly or is not doing so well, he doesnt maintain his winning hat approach, instead he does ludicrous things. Schumacher personally gets right on my nerves, but you couldnt wish anything bad to happen to an F1 driver, and especially not to Rubens...i mean, what must life be like for him. As soon as there is a Schumacher Rubens coming together Ferrari just nuke Rubens' car and let Schumacher win...i cant of course prove this in any way...but you know its true.

Soldato
Memphis said:
Search a few of Type_R's posts in the previous GP threads.

I think u will find instead of defending his previous driving tactics, I suggest that Montoya is in the same league, something people on this board have a problem with.

Either way, as Martin Brundle, a F1 driver said, they were side by side when they came out. Good to know the experts on here know what to look out for when it comes to 'dirty driving.'

Man of Honour
I'm trying to work out why some people are saying the rules of a sport should be changed for entertainment purposes......

Ultimately the responsibility for this falls on michelin, not the FIA or anyone else for refusing to change the rules to compensate for michelin's screwup.

If people want a sport where they bend the rules for entertainment purposes, I'll suggest pro-wrestling :)

Soldato
Dolph said:
I'm trying to work out why some people are saying the rules of a sport should be changed for entertainment purposes......

Ultimately the responsibility for this falls on michelin, not the FIA or anyone else for refusing to change the rules to compensate for michelin's screwup.

If people want a sport where they bend the rules for entertainment purposes, I'll suggest pro-wrestling :)

Well said this man.

Back
Top Bottom