2006 Monte Carlo Grand Prix - Race 7/18

Stormrider said:
So anytime up until the start of the race then.
Another good win by Hamilton in GP2 as well. Goes into the race at silverstone as GP2 points leader.

Talking of GP2, is there anyway to watch the races live? We get hardly any coverage of motorsport in this country.

Not that I know of.

However - one fo the drivers needed medical attention after an accident during the race today. :eek:

Sadly - don't know any more about it at the moment.

I think Eurosport2 had it on live between the tennis and the floorball. Talk about minority sports....

Floorball :confused: what in god's name is that?? Apparently there is a GB team but unsurprisingly we're in the B division

Flibster said:
Not that I know of.

However - one fo the drivers needed medical attention after an accident during the race today. :eek:

Sadly - don't know any more about it at the moment.

Yup, Nicolas Lapierre went airborne and didn't walk away from the crash too well.
Sutton has some pics: http://www.sutton-images.co.uk/

Didn't look too serious, but still not nice to see a driver coming off bad from a crash.

rpstewart said:
I think Eurosport2 had it on live between the tennis and the floorball. Talk about minority sports....

Floorball :confused: what in god's name is that?? Apparently there is a GB team but unsurprisingly we're in the B division

Ahhhhhh, good old Eurosport. Totally forgot about that channel. Cheers lads.

rpstewart said:

GP2 is usually on Eurosport/2. Floorball looked like it was ice hockey but not on ice with big plastic sticks and a plastic ball.

Fire 1 said:
GP2 is usually on Eurosport/2. Floorball looked like it was ice hockey but not on ice with big plastic sticks and a plastic ball.

Floorball ?????????

For the european GP2 races at least:
Main race is on at 4pm on eurosport 2 on saturday,
sprint race is on at 9am on eurosport 1 on sunday

though I think I heard there was no sprint race at Monaco due to the time and space restrictions.

Hmmm...wondering if it'd be worth uploading my 22gb+ of F1 video's

Got some very nicely made tributes to past drivers *past as in retired and as in dead*

Also got some very cool in car laps of circuits too.

Will have to think about how long they'll take to upload.

May have to send up the clip of Murray's last few mins on air as well of a few of Berger being a 'naughty boy'

Simon/~Flibster

Talking of Murray, I had a beaming smile when Martin was speaking to him on the grid the other week. He's done commentary for Aussie stations, why doesn't he do the odd guest appearance on ITV?

I miss Murray. Sure he made mistakes, but so does James Allen, hell, Martin makes them now and again albeit simple ones of the wrong driver of a team.

Bring back our blessed Murray. I was feeling a knot in my stomach during his last commentary. Feel free to upload that and the berger clips.

Gotta love google...

pizzahut.jpg

That GP2 accident was worse than I thought...

Lapierre remains in hospital

Nicolas Lapierre will remain in hospital tonight, after sustaining back injuries in a first corner accident in today's GP2 race at Monaco.

The Arden driver, who started the race in 14th place, was hit from behind at the start by iSport's Tristan Gommendy. The Frenchman's car went airborne, hitting the barriers at Ste Devote.

Lapierre was treated by the local medical staff before he was taken to hospital, where is is set to remain for overnight observation.

Initial reports from the Arden team members suggest Lapierre may have broken two vertebrae and could be sidelined for six weeks.

However, Lapierre's manager Didier Cotton told autosport.com there will be no update on his condition until tomorrow.

"He's OK," Cotton said. "He has pain in the back, because the shock was quite harsh, obviously. He will have a scan tomorrow, and then we will see exactly what is the situation."

Ouch....

Get well soon

Qualifying Rules

Think this bit of the rule sheet might be of interest... Rule 116 at the bottom says it all.... come on stewards do your stuff!!

QUALIFYING PRACTICE
115) The qualifying practice session will take place on the day before the race from 14.00 to 15.00.
The session will be run as follows:
a) From 14.00 to 14.15 all cars will be permitted on the track and at the end of this period the slowest five cars, taking into account only laps which were completed before the end of the period, will be prohibited from taking any further part in the session.
Lap times achieved by the fifteen remaining cars will then be deleted.
b) From 14.20 to 14.35 the fifteen remaining cars will be permitted on the track and at the end of this period the slowest five cars, taking into account only laps which were completed before the end of the period, will be prohibited from taking any further part in the session.
Lap times achieved by the ten remaining cars will then be deleted.
c) From 14.40 to 15.00 the ten remaining cars will be permitted on the track.
The above procedure is based upon a Championship entry of 20 cars. If 22 are entered six cars will be excluded after each of the periods a) and b) and, if 24 are entered, six cars will be excluded after each of the periods a) and b) leaving 12 cars eligible for period c).
116) If, in the opinion of the stewards, a driver deliberately stops on the circuit or impedes another driver in any way during the qualifying practice session his times will be cancelled.
Just waiting for the stewards, must be soon...

Back
Top Bottom