2017 car launches

Man of Honour
Double bubble sidepods with a bigly undercut.
Most refined design we've seen so far I think, doesn't look too far evolved from the 2016 car.

However, look at that mess of a bargeboard arrangement. How long before someone breaks something getting in or out of the car? ;)

Liking the tweaked colourscheme too. The extra lines help.

Soldato
SSnc.jpg

They don't seem to have the same shark fin other teams have had. Do they know something which they others don't?

Associate
I like the look of the cars so far, very interested to see what Red Bull come up with however dont suspect for any of the main teams we will see the car proper until Australia, think there will be bits held back from the initial testing incase there are any trump cards they are sitting on.

Rear ends look quite A1GP 'ish

Soldato
Christ, is it me or is that Mercedes looooooooooong? It's a godamn limo!
They've all been like that since refuelling was banned to accommodate the enlarged fuel tank. The cars would be perfect if they were a foot or two shorter IMO, but then to my eye the early 90s generation of F1 cars were the best looking.

Mercedes tested an innovative new rear wing mounted on the engine cover today.
Are you sure that's not just an aero sensor of some kind? Looks too small to have any real effect.

Soldato
Man of Honour
That Mercedes is beautiful and the detail is very impressive. They rarely even show all of their goodies at this stage. Good luck if anyone thought Mercedes were about to be caught.

Man of Honour
What's your source for this Duke?

I know its heavily rumoured that Honda is copying Merc, but I've not heard anything of the Renault or Ferrari following suit.
Ferrari went part the way last year and read both are changing layouts but will have to find the link. One of them might have been mentioned in F1 Racing mag this month. Won't be long until we find out either way and hopefully get a nice diagram from Scarbs :)

Back
Top Bottom