2019 NFL Season Thread

Soldato
just watched the Browns Redskins highlights, we (Redskins) didn't look too good. Of course I don't put much in pre-season and it looked like Haskins made a few really nice throws, but we also turned the ball over way too much.

Soldato
OP
I hope the NFL call his bluff. You want to resign and quit over a helmet and not earn 10 or so million a year? Ok, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Wonder what he would do then :D

Associate
I hope the NFL call his bluff. You want to resign and quit over a helmet and not earn 10 or so million a year? Ok, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Wonder what he would do then :D

Essentially that is what they're doing, though only because they have public opinion on their side. AB won't be allowed to play with that helmet. So he'll have to make a choice. Put on the new helmet or go home.

Soldato
main concern for the rams has to be gurley, the way the season ended and bits i've seen working up to pre season doesn't look promising :(, kupp is coming back to fitness just hope they don't rush him back.

if it comes down to it i think dallas will be better going for zeke than with prescott.

as for Brown he just keeps coming up with ways to make himself look even more of an idiot :D

think the saints will have a lot of neutral fans rooting for them after the mess last season, although kamara was their favoured back i wonder how much ingram will be missed.

Soldato
They actually look better than normal but in a division with Colts and Texans can't see them hitting the play offs.

Ironically with me picking Colts Luck is struggling massively with an injury, if he misses this year it's me not the Bengals :p:D
Bengals were humiliated against the Chiefs, but then I expected that. Finley looked like a promising prospect, and the o-line actually looked a lot better. The less said about the running game and defence, the better, but we'll see what actually happens when Mixon and other key players come back. I haven't completely written off the season just yet!

Soldato
OP
that's not a bad offer, the timing of it seems a bit off as there arn't many with the salary cap to make the offer, or maybe thats the point of putting him out for an offer at this time.

Think that's why Colts are among the favoured teams to get him with about 20mill cap space or something stupid.

Leonard and Clowney coming off the edges :D:D:D

'skins have loads of cap and possibly offering Trent who wants away for him may work out but I could see Skins being happier tanking and also Clowney not wanting to go to a team who are a looooooong way from being contenders.

Soldato
OP
On another note, of the drafted QB's after an initial impressive game Murray stunk in his second game, Haskins looks decidedly sketchy but Jones up in NY... it's only one game but after the negative press, despite my giants hate, I almost hope he proves us wrong as he looked damn good in the opener.

Edit: 11 of 14 and a TD last night, it's pre-season etc but I'm impressed so far.

Last edited:
Associate
After the NFL ruled against Antonio Brown on his ridiculous helmet challenge I'm sure the Raiders, and Jon Gruden, thought that was the end of it.

But wait! There's more!

AB is still refusing to participate in training camp. He's, as y'all say, mental!

This is the hubris of Gruden on full display. The Steelers decided to cut loose one of the best WR's in the NFL for a song and he thought "hmmm, I can handle him. I'm Jon Gruden!"

It may still work out, and AB may perform at a high level this year, but in the end when it's all said and done he's a locker room cancer. And cancer is never a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom