• Watford – Xisco Munez

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • West Ham United – David Moyes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers – Bruno Lage

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Don
So it looks like Conte to Spurs is all but done. I can't help but think this won't work but like Mourinho to Spurs, it's going to be fun finding out.
What sort of football were Spurs actually expecting from Nuno in the first place?
The maddest thing was that Levy released a statement talking up Spurs getting back to playing attacking football and then appointed Nuno!

Caporegime
So it looks like Conte to Spurs is all but done. I can't help but think this won't work but like Mourinho to Spurs, it's going to be fun finding out.

The maddest thing was that Levy released a statement talking up Spurs getting back to playing attacking football and then appointed Nuno!
Personally, I’ll give it a year at most before him and Levy start falling out. It’s well known that Levy sticks his oar in way too often and Conte just won’t stand for it.

Levy has a nice big office at the training grounds. I might be old fashioned, but owners who are businessmen but not football men should be nowhere near the training ground or the dressing rooms.

Soldato
According to the telegraph a nice fat contract of 20 million for 18 months work?

Holy ****, ive just seen how much Simone earns at athleti...43 million euro a year!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
According to the telegraph a nice fat contract of 20 million for 18 months work?

Holy ****, ive just seen how much Simone earns at athleti...43 million euro a year!!

Like a lot of things happening in the economy. People are getting paid what they are worth. Manager is the most important part of the team no matter what the chairman think.

Associate
I'd hoped that when Nuno came in that we'd play like wolves; 3 at the back with wingbacks pushing up the pitch and into the box to join in with Kane and Son.

Instead we got this awful recycling of the ball with the occasional lame attempt at a cross into the box - even our set pieces are dire.

Sure Nuno had a 49% win rate but we're dreadful to watch; 19th in open play shots, 18th in open play xG, haven't had a shot on target in over 2 hours in the league.

Our defence isn't even very good, something like the bottom 4 in terms of chances conceded - our goal difference tells it all. If it wasn't for the scrappy 1-0 wins at the start we'd be relegation candidates!

Hopefully Conte arriving means that we'll have a proper overhaul of the squad, and players actually start moving with a bit of urgency on the pitch, give each other better passing opportunities etc.

Soldato
I'd hoped that when Nuno came in that we'd play like wolves; 3 at the back with wingbacks pushing up the pitch and into the box to join in with Kane and Son.

Instead we got this awful recycling of the ball with the occasional lame attempt at a cross into the box - even our set pieces are dire.

Sure Nuno had a 49% win rate but we're dreadful to watch; 19th in open play shots, 18th in open play xG, haven't had a shot on target in over 2 hours in the league.

Our defence isn't even very good, something like the bottom 4 in terms of chances conceded - our goal difference tells it all. If it wasn't for the scrappy 1-0 wins at the start we'd be relegation candidates!

Hopefully Conte arriving means that we'll have a proper overhaul of the squad, and players actually start moving with a bit of urgency on the pitch, give each other better passing opportunities etc.

I agree mostly but to be fair to Nuno your best player has just been on the sulk for two months. Kane doesnt look remotely bothered and when hes your focal point then well it isnt going to go well.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Strange that managers get paid so much when United give so few ***** about the quality of theirs. Almost like teams realise that the manager is just as important as any star player.

Associate
I agree mostly but to be fair to Nuno your best player has just been on the sulk for two months. Kane doesnt look remotely bothered and when hes your focal point then well it isnt going to go well.

I don't think Nuno would have been able to bench Kane if he wanted to sadly, but to be honest Son hasn't played particularly well either.

A lot of it is down to service; through balls attempted in a congested area, terrible crosses to no-one in particular, long straight passes into the opposition, long 1-2s vertically up into the final third then back into midfield that kept getting intercepted and allowed teams to counter.

Man of Honour
Sounds like the Conte deal is done.

Spurs were the big winners on Saturday then, and we continue our nightmare. Joy.

Soldato
Interesting appointment for spurs, going to be very fun to see how him and levy get on

need to add Conte to the poll as I think he will be gone before Solskjaer. Can't see him and Levy seeing eye to eye on anything, especially as Levy like stick his oar into things that an owner with no football experience should leave and trust to his actual football experienced staff.

Either way Conte is laughing all the way to the bank. He will get paid and by next season likely end up at a club that actually has a clue. Spurs will just be a time filler money maker for him while he is waiting for his proper next manager job to turn up at the start of next season.

Soldato
As a Spurs fan I am optimistic about this appointment far more so than Nuno and Jose.

Hopefully get things going in the right direction again, will be fun if we can start upsetting the usual protagonists again :cool: Here's hoping!

Associate
need to add Conte to the poll as I think he will be gone before Solskjaer. Can't see him and Levy seeing eye to eye on anything, especially as Levy like stick his oar into things that an owner with no football experience should leave and trust to his actual football experienced staff.

Either way Conte is laughing all the way to the bank. He will get paid and by next season likely end up at a club that actually has a clue. Spurs will just be a time filler money maker for him while he is waiting for his proper next manager job to turn up at the start of next season.

Levy is taking a step back on the football side of things now that we have Paratici - Paratici announced Nuno's departure and Conte's arrival, he's dealing with the press conference on Wednesday and it seems that he's the one that convinced Conte to join Spurs.

Levy has plenty to get on with, a rumoured stadium naming, non-sporting events and additional NFL games. Hopefully that'll keep him away from the recruitment decisions!

Soldato
Levy is taking a step back on the football side of things now that we have Paratici - Paratici announced Nuno's departure and Conte's arrival, he's dealing with the press conference on Wednesday and it seems that he's the one that convinced Conte to join Spurs.

Levy has plenty to get on with, a rumoured stadium naming, non-sporting events and additional NFL games. Hopefully that'll keep him away from the recruitment decisions!

one can but hope. Like @Jimbeam3678 said, I am half optimistic, but Levy is more than capable of ******* things up

Back
Top Bottom