2022 mini-budget discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Next week is key. If its anything like this past week then they might get think they can get someone else in who at least stands a chance at the next GE as if they go in with Truss then its game over.

she's not going anywhere. She is executing exactly what her handlers in the ERG and extreme right of the party want her to do. The moderate Tories have no voice or power in that party anymore, in fact most of them got turfed out by Johnson. Look how long it took for them to bring Johnson to task, and note, it only happened when the ERG members started rolling their letters over to Graham Brady. Truss will be here untill the next election, wheter that is in 2024 or one that is brought earlier because of her contiued destruction of the countries economy.

Soldato
she's not going anywhere. She is executing exactly what her handlers in the ERG and extreme right of the party want her to do. The moderate Tories have no voice or power in that party anymore, in fact most of them got turfed out by Johnson. Look how long it took for them to bring Johnson to task, and note, it only happened when the ERG members started rolling their letters over to Graham Brady. Truss will be here untill the next election, wheter that is in 2024 or one that is brought earlier because of her contiued destruction of the countries economy.
Extreme right doesnt make the majority of that party though. The majority are moderate and she's leading them into a a clear loss at the next GE but going off recent polls a result which destroys their party as it is.

Agree about Johnson but he was popular with the general Tory public, Truss isnt and is horrible infront of a microphone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Extreme right doesnt make the majority of that party though. The majority are moderate and she's leading them into a a clear loss at the next GE but going off recent polls a result which destroys their party as it is.

Agree about Johnson but he was popular with the general Tory public, Truss isnt and is horrible infront of a microphone.

they don't make the majority pf the PCP but they control pretty much all the levers of power. Most of the moderates were new intake in 2019, if they have a snarling ERG type barking at them they are going to fall into line. Most of the free thinking Tories were dismissed and the voice of moderate wing is weak. It's why Truss and Kami Kwasi contiue to double down on what they are doing. They people that really hold power in that party literally have their backs. This will end up being a blood bath and should really end up with the Tory party spliting, but it won't because the moderates will be told to suck it up for the longevity and suvival of the party as a whole. Like I said they are all lacking the stones to actually do anything.

Soldato
Truss speaking on BBC One

UK PM Truss:
- Government Has Acted On Economic Problems Facing Britons
- Need To Build Better Economy For The Long-Term
- If We Hadn’t Acted, We Would Be in Serious Trouble on The Economy
- I Understand How Worried People Are
- I Want to Reassure People That We Have a Very Clear Plan
- We Also Needed to Act on Other Areas of Taxation to Make Sure the Economy Did Not Slow Down Any Further
- I Do Stand By the Package We Announced
- I Do Accept We Should Have Laid the Ground Better
- I Have Learnt From That and I Will Make Sure in Future We Will Do a Better Job in Laying the Ground
- I Think We Made the Right Decision to Borrow More This Winter
- We Need to Bring Down Borrowing As Proportion of GDP Over the Medium Term
- I Want to Reassure People That We Have a Clear Plan Going Forward
- I Believe in Getting Value for Money for the Taxpayer
- We Will Have a Long-Term Plan For Reform
- I Am Committed to Having Excellent Frontline Public Services
- The Government Will Announce in Autumn Whether Benefit Payments Will Rise in Line With Inflation
- I’ve Committed to the Triple Lock On Pensions
- She Is Committed to Abolishing Top Rate of Tax
- We Need to Make Sure We Have a Tax System Which Is Competitive Internationally
- She Did Not Discuss Move on Top Rate of Tax With Her Full Cabinet, Was a Decision by Finance Minister
- Chancellor Kwarteng Made Decision On UK Income Tax Cut
- There Has Been Too Much Focus in Politics on the Optics
- We Do Need to Make Tough Decisions
- We Simply Did Not Have Time to Go Through the OBR Process
- I Want to Work With the OBR
- I Will Not Publish OBR Forecasts Early
- We Have to Look at the Mortgage Issue Separately, BoE Sets Interest Rates
- I Am Confident Our Plan Will Deliver
- I Am Not Saying It's Not Going To Be Difficult

For anyone that missed it ^^

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s embarrassing how much she's flaking here and Laura K isn't even gunnung for her. Using Ukraine as an excuse for literally everything.
I can see your point but it is a very superficial one at that, you’ve got to consider that there is a war in Ukraine and that inflation is a global problem. Add that to the fact that we have the second lowest debt in the g7 and that we had the fastest vaccine rollout in the world and delivered brexit and, sorry, what was the question?

Soldato
Shock_doctrine_cover.jpg

Soldato
I can see your point but it is a very superficial one at that, you’ve got to consider that there is a war in Ukraine and that inflation is a global problem. Add that to the fact that we have the second lowest debt in the g7 and that we had the fastest vaccine rollout in the world and delivered brexit and, sorry, what was the question?
Lol its like we should ignore the 65 BILLION the BOE have put in.

Horrendous stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom