2022 mini-budget discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extreme right doesnt make the majority of that party though. The majority are moderate and she's leading them into a a clear loss at the next GE but going off recent polls a result which destroys their party as it is.

Agree about Johnson but he was popular with the general Tory public, Truss isnt and is horrible infront of a microphone.
That's because Johnson has that superficial charm of a psychopath and narcissist.

Hence why he was, and still is, by all accounts, able to gaslight those who still like/love him.

Liz Truss has no charisma or warmth about her at all.

Soldato
Its embarrassing how much she's flaking here and Laura K isn't even gunnung for her. Using Ukraine as an excuse for literally everything.
Laura was really weak as an interviewer; constantly cutting people off is not a great tactic. Having said that, she's lucky to have been interviewing the person in charge of the country who consistently struggles to take charge of a conversation.

Kermit the Frog, voiced by Seth MacFarlane, could interview Truss right now and he'd come across like a government advisor. She really is that clueless.

Soldato
Laura was really weak as an interviewer; constantly cutting people off is not a great tactic. Having said that, she's lucky to have been interviewing the person in charge of the country who consistently struggles to take charge of a conversation.

Kermit the Frog, voiced by Seth MacFarlane, could interview Truss right now and he'd come across like a government advisor. She really is that clueless.
Laura K's a massive Tory ofcourse she was weak. Theres a reason Truss has an interview with her and not for eg James O'Brien / Iain Dale someone who would grill her.

Last edited:
Soldato
Truss is a satirical zombie? Or did I get that bit wrong?

#Modo

They'll run out of excuses when they've flogged the 'we've sorted energy bills' excuse for a couple of more weeks.
I reckon she's counting on Putin either dying or letting rip with a nuke to deflect attention.

Soldato
Truss is a satirical zombie? Or did I get that bit wrong?

#Modo

They'll run out of excuses when they've flogged the 'we've sorted energy bills' excuse for a couple of more weeks.
I reckon she's counting on Putin either dying or letting rip with a nuke to deflect attention.
It's such a lame comeback from her...

"We've reduced you energy bills by £1,000 a year and increased your mortgage by £500 a month. But don't panic, we've abolished your 45% tax rate!"

Associate
When we got May, I missed Cameron, when we got Boris, I missed May. I cannot believe I'm typing this but she makes me miss Boris.

She really hasn't got a ******* clue.

Last edited:
Caporegime
When we got May, I missed Cameron, when we got Boris, I missed May. I cannot believe I'm typing this but she makes me miss Boris.

**** me, that was painful to listen to.

When it is clear that the majority of the membership isn't voting for the smartest or best leader, rather than someone they could leverage and control from behind the scenes to create policies that benefits them from behind the scenes...it is time for the people to vote out the government in the next GE.

Associate
When it is clear that the majority of the membership isn't voting for the smartest or best leader, rather than someone they could leverage and control from behind the scenes to create policies that benefits them from behind the scenes...it is time for the people to vote out the government in the next GE.
Yeah, just two years to go though. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
So, ‘levelling up’ has become ‘punching down’, with absolutely no attempt to hide it. And I’ll bet that they don’t even feel that they should need to hide it.

They have been in power too long and think they are invincible. That's what power does to some people, it corrupt and get into their heads thinking they can do anything without retribution.

Soldato
It's such a lame comeback from her...

"We've reduced you energy bills by £1,000 a year and increased your mortgage by £500 a month. But don't panic, we've abolished your 45% tax rate!"
Don't forget that the BoE had to step in with, on average, a thousand pounds from every person in the UK to calm the markets (for now).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom