2022 mini-budget discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

V F

V F

Soldato

Yet they were all failures and continued the legacy of failures with another one looking to continue it. I hope I'm wrong but it seems they're not capable. Ever since the 2008/9 crash you'd always hope for better, more promises for change but it never happens. The only change that happens, it gets worse but staying on the same path of worse. Except for themselves. They're doing fine.

I remember thinking in 2010 with the whole coalition getting together, we were going to see real change. How wrong was I when you saw how quickly Clegg burned the students. Amongst all the other policies they brought in. Then he hopped it to Facebook dictating ways with his contacts. Then it was the rot that started to set in when they allowed the Scottish vote in 2014 then two years later the mess of Brexit in 2016 and still the Scottish Independence thing is still being pushed and wont go away. Another thing I was once hoping to see real change. Thinking things could have been better. Yet here we are. This crisis with everything.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yet they were all failures and continued the legacy of failures with another one looking to continue it. I hope I'm wrong but it seems they're not capable. Ever since the 2008/9 crash you'd always hope for better, more promises for change but it never happens. The only change that happens, it gets worse but staying on the same path of worse. Except for themselves. They're doing fine.
Austerity's for us, not for them of course.

V F

V F

Soldato
Austerity's for us, not for them of course.

But to think once, I was never hearing such things as food banks in 2006/7/8/9. Wasn't until 2010 I started hearing about food banks after summer 2010. Yet look where it is. Today even food banks running out of stuff because so many people out there are getting hit hard now. People who were doing well were donating food to those food banks all the time.

Food banks was never a term people knew of or spoke of all the times I remember from 2000 - 2010. Or even 1990 - 2000. If people had multiple jobs then, they were doing very well. Some even slaughtered by the end of the day with 3 jobs but they were getting nice money back then. Look at it today with the stories of people, not from the press. People with two and 3 jobs but still struggle with the bills and it's not the people buying latest phones, 3 - 4 holidays a year.

I also remember the stories of some schools of kids eating out of bins between 2011 - 2014 from all the austerity and again recently.

Even now I'm looking in my own high street, To Let, To Let signs everywhere. Shop floors empty and windows all white washed. Including barbers. Shops closed on weekends now. Some closed half days on Fridays now. I'm seeing people walking past shops, or looking in the windows but very rarerly anyone going in or coming out. Unless it's food and beverage.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
They have been in power too long and think they are invincible. That's what power does to some people, it corrupt and get into their heads thinking they can do anything without retribution.

So has the SNP been in since 2007. It's beyond stale now. It's rotten to the core. They all need flung out.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm pointing out the root cause, that is all.

It would be nice if we had business people running the country, not corporates. The business people who saw things locally and not councillors either. Nor do Career politicians deliver. But how do you change the status quo? The whole political system is broken. Nobody seems to be able to correct the country or even make it a success. They're all in it for themselves, get in, make a quick killing then get out if they're not flung out by then and get nice big paying jobs abroad with their contacts from being in Parliament. Conservatives, Labour, SNP, Liberal Democrats, they're all rotten to the core.

We don't seem to have a political party who can deliver for the country or anyone who is competent or know what they're doing. They're all chancers. It's all talk.

V F

V F

Soldato
The SNP are not in power in Westminster, they don't even hold a majority government in Holyrood.

No but they've still been in too long and the Greens has been dictating policy for a while, while SNP are at the core. The SNP were still rotten before the Greens joined them. The Green taxes that's killing the country that people cannot afford.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let's face it, you're floundering a bit now to aren't you. Even you know you're ****** with Truss in charge.

Not at all since we know Labour were caught napping in the sub prime house financing disaster as they were too happy to continue taking the tax receipts for a run away housing market boom to fund their vanity spending habits.

Soldato
It would be nice if we had business people running the country, not corporates. The business people who saw things locally and not councillors either. Nor do Career politicians deliver. But how do you change the status quo? The whole political system is broken. Nobody seems to be able to correct the country or even make it a success. They're all in it for themselves, get in, make a quick killing then get out if they're not flung out by then and get nice big paying jobs abroad with their contacts from being in Parliament. Conservatives, Labour, SNP, Liberal Democrats, they're all rotten to the core.

We don't seem to have a political party who can deliver for the country or anyone who is competent or know what they're doing. They're all chancers. It's all talk.
Might as well just vote the Tories back in again, then. :rolleyes:

I reiterate; the root cause is there for all to see.

V F

V F

Soldato
Might as well just vote the Tories back in again, then. :rolleyes:

I reiterate; the root cause is there for all to see.

To be honest... If there was a vote tomorrow and this mess today still exists or has become really dire by 2024, I don't see where I could put my vote. None of them are delivering. None of them are even capable. I'm almost seeing it impossible to vote now. Promises of lies from all of them.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if this became reality. Wouldn't it be great if politicians could deliver that but it's pure fantasy, sadly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom