2023 Track Day Thread

@kaiowas Still got your number plate on, is it still road legal? Or pure track day car now?

It’s essentially track only nowadays, not currently taxed and hasn’t been mot’d for a few years just never got around to removing the plates. Could go back on the road without too much effort (Headlights would need reinstalling basically) although the splitter would be utterly impractical, not even sure I could get it down the drive without grounding out somewhere. Will be tax exempt in a few years time so I might consider it then.

Seems that Silverstone has cancelled around 6 track days and a few test days this summer so I’ve decided to book a trip to Snetterton!

Never been as it’s a 5 hour drive away but looking forward to it! August 22nd so hopefully the weathers nice enough to make a mini-break out of it with the missus.

Seems that Silverstone has cancelled around 6 track days and a few test days this summer so I’ve decided to book a trip to Snetterton!

Never been as it’s a 5 hour drive away but looking forward to it! August 22nd so hopefully the weathers nice enough to make a mini-break out of it with the missus.
They're an absolute joke since they started blocking third party TDO's. Cancelling and rearranging all those people with bugger all notice, all so Brad Pitt can pootle around in a fake F1 car with some GoPros.

I'm interested in doing some kind of track driving lessons. Does anyone here know where is best for this kind of thing?

Depends what you want to learn, how much time you want to spend learning, and how much you want to pay. There's a big difference between a 20 minute session at a track day where someone tells you when to brake/turn/accelerate vs a full coaching session with data analysis explaining the why.

They're an absolute joke since they started blocking third party TDO's. Cancelling and rearranging all those people with bugger all notice, all so Brad Pitt can pootle around in a fake F1 car with some GoPros.

Yeah I'm disappointed I can't take my car there as I enjoy days there with the huge space and run off to play around with the car. But it was £625 for the day (with a garage) which is less than 2 days at Spa is costing me!

Depends what you want to learn, how much time you want to spend learning, and how much you want to pay. There's a big difference between a 20 minute session at a track day where someone tells you when to brake/turn/accelerate vs a full coaching session with data analysis explaining the why.
Pretty much the basics so that I would be confident enough to go to a track day and do some laps without binning it :p

Here's a vid of my best lap on the Nordschleife during TF in April. 9 mins 28 seconds isn't the fastest lap ever but a pb for me to get below 10 mins.

Next few track/test days booked, and some races coming up at last! 2 months since the first round, been ages

23rd June - Cadwell Park test/track day
24th June - Cadwell Park race
13th July - Donington track evening
14th July - Donington test day (evening/test day may be split, so 2 drivers for each)
15th July - Donington Race
26th July - Snetterton track day
6th August - Snetterton race

Never been to Cadwell Park before, looking forward to it

Next few track/test days booked, and some races coming up at last! 2 months since the first round, been ages

23rd June - Cadwell Park test/track day
24th June - Cadwell Park race
13th July - Donington track evening
14th July - Donington test day (evening/test day may be split, so 2 drivers for each)
15th July - Donington Race
26th July - Snetterton track day
6th August - Snetterton race

Never been to Cadwell Park before, looking forward to it
Cadwell is mega, one of my favourite tracks.

The weekend just gone was my first time back out in the Audi since April and it's felt like a life time! I done the Audi TTCR series and Clubsport meeting as well at Donny. Managed a 1:48.xxx on absolutely ***** Nankang NS2R tyres. Scott from darkside managed 1:46.xxx on A052, so will upgrade my tyres for Clubsport meetings, but we have to run the Nankang control tyre for the TTCR series

Next up for me is Knockhill in July!! Never been before

Cadwell is mega, one of my favourite tracks.

The weekend just gone was my first time back out in the Audi since April and it's felt like a life time! I done the Audi TTCR series and Clubsport meeting as well at Donny. Managed a 1:48.xxx on absolutely ***** Nankang NS2R tyres. Scott from darkside managed 1:46.xxx on A052, so will upgrade my tyres for Clubsport meetings, but we have to run the Nankang control tyre for the TTCR series

Next up for me is Knockhill in July!! Never been before
Small time gap given the big difference between NS2R and A052! Scott is pretty quick too so be good to see what you can do on the A052s

Never been to Knockhill but seen quite a bit from it and a few sim laps - there's more to it then you'd think from the map/layout

Had my M135i out at the Nurburgring last weekend. Was my first trip out there with this car, and my first on track in an automatic.

Managed to get a few laps in on the Friday evening session, then a few more on Saturday morning before the rain came and spoiled it for the rest of the day. The weather on Sunday was good, but a couple of big crashes (1 x M2 over the fence around T13, and another one through the armco before catching fire in the trees around Pflanzgarten) resulted in some fairly long closures, so again laps were limited.

Overall the car performed well and never missed a beat. Managed to put in a new PB of 8:43 on my 2nd lap on Friday. It was far from the cleanest of laps I've ever driven round there, and looking back at my lap videos and Racechrono times a mid 8:20s was more than possible.

Hopefully it won't be too long before I can get back out and get a bit more luck with the weather and closures.

First visit to the 'Ring

53051680911_2987491869_c.jpg

Living in West Wales, I have to drive from one coast to the other before getting on the train so I drove up the day before. The Skyine in our group was playing up a bit so took a quick detour into Calais looking for an O2 sensor :)

Stayed in a beautiful house about 15 mins away. The lad with the Skyline arranged for Misha C to drive the Skyline which went well. Only did 4 laps due to rain, crashes, watching others and a very strange problem with our green cards. I paid for 6 but only did 4 - I think our cards were messed up within the group. I put credit on for two laps, did one and then got turned round as it said I'd done 2.

I have some in car but it's not very good. The mount was moving so not ideal and I was pootling round to begin with so no hero laps here. I'm going to 3D print a mount to go in the harness eye of the seat (Corbeau)

Car performed beautifully. Engine has only done about 3K - 2.3L 560hp. Only thing I left behind was the lower engine mount bolt :D

Possibly racing at Oultan this weekend, then off to Snetterton following weekend to race in a 2 hour endurance in the TT and the City Car Cup... I need to find some sponsorship :cry:
Doing too much racing, sounds like a hard life...... :D

I've got a track day this Friday at Castle Combe and it seems like the weather is going to hold out now.
I was a bit concerned that it was going to be pouring it down.

Back
Top Bottom