2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Soldato
Good overview of the two Alienware monitors, definitely makes me lean towards the 27“ 1440p monitor.

So both models feature active cooling but the fan can be switched off within the menu, at the cost of some brightness i guess ? 32" still has some VRR flicker also which is a shame but not a deal breaker for me.

Caporegime
Every time I think I've found the one, I find a possible deal breaking kink. Wanted 1440p but text issues more noticeable. So what about 4K - lovely but driving such a high resolution on my 3090/5800X3D is asking a lot at high refresh rates. A monitor that ticks all the boxes but no KVM. Good times for such a breadth of choice though.

Associate
Every time I think I've found the one, I find a possible deal breaking kink. Wanted 1440p but text issues more noticeable. So what about 4K - lovely but driving such a high resolution on my 3090/5800X3D is asking a lot at high refresh rates. A monitor that ticks all the boxes but no KVM. Good times for such a breadth of choice though.
if you want it and can afford the 4k screen for text and clarity go for it. you will have it for multiple GPU upgrades id expect and can dial back the gfx to ballance fps in the short term and then go 5080 or smethign in 12-18 months time

Associate
I was put off by the Dell's curve but looking at the review videos it doesn't seem to be too bad (my concern would be for photo and video editing). But then there's the need for a beefier GPU...

Caporegime
if you want it and can afford the 4k screen for text and clarity go for it. you will have it for multiple GPU upgrades id expect and can dial back the gfx to ballance fps in the short term and then go 5080 or smethign in 12-18 months time
That's an option but was hoping to get a few years out of the 3090 (more than reasonable at 1440p), especially with the way pricing and segregation is heading. I use DLSS to scale up from 1440p, can you still use it effectively on a 4K screen?

Associate
yea, dlss from 1440p to 4k is the quality setting and works v well on most titles
i came from 3080 and it was fine at 4k most of the time, but traded in that and other bits for a good deal, but it was want vs need. as allways!

Associate
4k is no joke son, esp with new titles!!!!

Yeah, it's a huge leap in pixels, and then I'd want all the ray traced goodies too. I'm using a second hand 2080 Super right now, so I'd like a GPU upgrade either way. Maybe the sensible play would be to buy a 4K monitor now (I have a PS5 to play as well) and play older games in the back log until the next gen of GPUs is out, and then go all out on a high end card. First world problems and all that! :o

Associate
4k is no joke son, esp with new titles!!!!
Yeah it is a big leap, for sure. I used 1440p for years and was convinced that 4K wouldn't be worth the upgrade, I was very wrong. Now that I've switched up, I could never go back now. That being said, I accept that I am in the fortunate position to own a 4090 though and even with that you can struggle to max frames on some titles (120Hz in my case).

Caporegime
Yeah, it's a huge leap in pixels, and then I'd want all the ray traced goodies too. I'm using a second hand 2080 Super right now, so I'd like a GPU upgrade either way. Maybe the sensible play would be to buy a 4K monitor now (I have a PS5 to play as well) and play older games in the back log until the next gen of GPUs is out, and then go all out on a high end card. First world problems and all that! :o
Sounds like a plan Hannibal :D

Back
Top Bottom