2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Yeah it is a big leap, for sure. I used 1440p for years and was convinced that 4K wouldn't be worth the upgrade, I was very wrong. Now that I've switched up, I could never go back now. That being said, I accept that I am in the fortunate position to own a 4090 though and even with that you can struggle to max frames on some titles (120Hz in my case).
agree. I used to have 4k before the qd oled ultrawide 3440x1440. Really noticed the pixel density downgrade but oled contrast, colour, and pixel response is just unbeatable. looking forward to going back to 4k

Does these incredibly high hz on these modern monitors make that much of a difference to the viewing experience? I am sure that back in the early days of computing/games/sims etc, we where under the impression that anything over 60hz was pointless due to the eyes not being able to recognise anything higher...Or am I thinking about frame rates?
Forgive me, memory a little fuzzy

Does these incredibly high hz on these modern monitors make that much of a difference to the viewing experience? I am sure that back in the early days of computing/games/sims etc, we where under the impression that anything over 60hz was pointless due to the eyes not being able to recognise anything higher...Or am I thinking about frame rates?
Absolutely. I've got a 240hz monitor and switching from playing a game that hits 150+fps to one capped at 60fps is incredibly jarring.

Its very subjective, I'm extremely sensitive to it and I can tell the difference between every notable HZ increase, 60, 120 240 360 etc. My gf can't even notice the difference between 144hz and 60hz

imo even my 160hz LG is good as is, the higher refresh is for gaming only.. but I think it may also(not seen one in action) improve things like ghosting etc so that would make a difference in day-to-day use.

As I've said previously, I like the idea of 4k but I don't want to halve my fps so I'll be sticking with 1440p. Also the mention of VRR flicker on the 4k 32" AW model helps steer me towards thd 27" :)

massive differences to perceived motion clarity, as well as frame rate support and end to end system latency for gaming. The visual benefits are massive going from 60Hz to something higher like 120Hz, and while the gains are not as big, they're still very noticeable going to 240Hz > 360HZ and above. There's also an added benefit from OLED when it comes to motion clarity because of the near-instant response times, and they are about 1.5x as good as an LCD.

So for instance, a 240Hz OLED will look visually similar to a 360Hz LCD (240 x 1.5 = 360).

Yeah it is a big leap, for sure. I used 1440p for years and was convinced that 4K wouldn't be worth the upgrade, I was very wrong. Now that I've switched up, I could never go back now. That being said, I accept that I am in the fortunate position to own a 4090 though and even with that you can struggle to max frames on some titles (120Hz in my case).

It really depends on what you want, for those who want high frame rates for FPS games for example 4k isn’t a priority nor a sensible decision if you can’t afford a top end GPU.

Absolutely. I've got a 240hz monitor and switching from playing a game that hits 150+fps to one capped at 60fps is incredibly jarring.

Its very subjective, I'm extremely sensitive to it and I can tell the difference between every notable HZ increase, 60, 120 240 360 etc. My gf can't even notice the difference between 144hz and 60hz

imo even my 160hz LG is good as is, the higher refresh is for gaming only.. but I think it may also(not seen one in action) improve things like ghosting etc so that would make a difference in day-to-day use.

massive differences to perceived motion clarity, as well as frame rate support and end to end system latency for gaming. The visual benefits are massive going from 60Hz to something higher like 120Hz, and while the gains are not as big, they're still very noticeable going to 240Hz > 360HZ and above. There's also an added benefit from OLED when it comes to motion clarity because of the near-instant response times, and they are about 1.5x as good as an LCD.

So for instance, a 240Hz OLED will look visually similar to a 360Hz LCD (240 x 1.5 = 360).
Thank you gents, very informative.

These pro gamers are so mad that they gonna get beaten by a kid with a new AI monitor

But as he points out, MSI isn't even the first here, there is a video capture card you can use to get AI assistance in competitive games already

Last edited:
Just seen the MSI 31.5" MPG 321URX QD-OLED is available for pre-order on another site for £1,298.... Think I will wait and see the dell pricing in the UK
MSI have two versions of this monitor. The MPG and MAG version. The MPG is the more expensive of the two as it features a KVM and 90W USB-C power delivery. Maybe the MAG pricing will be more inline with Dells but if they don't offer a decent warranty like Dell then I don't care what they do :p

Last edited:
Just seen the MSI 31.5" MPG 321URX QD-OLED is available for pre-order on another site for £1,298.... Think I will wait and see the dell pricing in the UK
Was about to order but I think I'll wait for the alienware, warranty is good and should be a little less than this, but also because it supports dolby vision, not sure about others.

But in another thread you said you won't buy a monitor without G Synce Pulsar so stuck with LCD trash as you put it :p
Fair enough - BUT - I updated my post. Jumped the gun there, as I dident think about it be on LCD only. Ahh and well also over exggerated a bit. Why do I need this as im not into e-sport etc. But just would like to have as little perceived motion blur possible, just for it being damn nice to have :)

Back
Top Bottom