2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Soldato
OP
When I'm working from home, I have the curtains in the room closed because my OLED is a curved monitor and any light from the windows reflecting on it creates glare on the sides due to the curve. For light I have two bulbs in the ceiling, each is rated for 900nits. I have my monitor set to 100nits brightness and also I have the windows blue light filter turned on and set to 30%. Anything over 120nits or less than 30% blue light filter is too bright for me

Associate
Are there any 38" or 40" Oled monitors in the pipeline for this year?
Would love the Alienware 38" in OLED, I'm currently using a non OLED 42" Dell monitor and can't go back down to 34"

Soldato
Are there any 38" or 40" Oled monitors in the pipeline for this year?
Would love the Alienware 38" in OLED, I'm currently using a non OLED 42" Dell monitor and can't go back down to 34"
39" OLED Ultra wide monitors are coming out this year. Not sure Alienware has announced any yet but others yes.

Soldato
The Alienware look like the one for me just hope any issues can be ironed out via firmware updates.

What are the pros of this over the MSI which could be £200 cheaper? Burn in warranty and a curve if that's what you want, dolby vision? Though I'm not sure what that last one really does, the underlying panels are the same.

Soldato
What are the pros of this over the MSI which could be £200 cheaper? Burn in warranty and a curve if that's what you want, dolby vision? Though I'm not sure what that last one really does, the underlying panels are the same.
Everything you mention really and the fact the last three monitors i have owned have all been Alienware, though in a ultra wide format.

I would rather pay a little extra personally as Dell customer support has been excellent and MSI support is unknown to me.

Associate
Unless its stated by the manufacturer then its probably not true. Lots of places reported that LG changed their warranty to include 2 year burn cover but I couldnt find any about it from LG and I saw a video review where the reviewer called LG to confirm and the CS rep said they didn't so unless I see in writing from the manufacturer I'm going to assume they don't offer the cover

Re: HP having warranty against burn in, TFTCentral are saying it too!

If this is the case, I'll wait for the HP for the flatscreen and warranty combo.

Man of Honour
What looks like the best 32" OLED options and what are the release dates ?
This might help. “Best” depends a bit on your requirements but this round up covers known specs and features as well as expected release dates

Which is the Best New 32" 4K OLED Monitor for You?

Soldato
What looks like the best 32" OLED options and what are the release dates ?
Personally I'm waiting for the HP because I want the kvm and powered USB C for my work laptop. The fact that they'll have a 3 year burn in warranty too is icing on the cake though I'm concerned it may end up being more expensive than the Dell. If that's the case I may go with the cheaper msi.

Back
Top Bottom