• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti cards failing ?

Soldato
Finally!! wow that was a long wait. Are you getting a refund or a replacement?

As an aside, just noticed on Nvidia's shop the 2080ti isn't listed for sale anymore.
I'm getting a refund. I've realised my GTX 1080 is good enough for now and will wait to see what 7nm brings. I hope they don't give me any more problems.

Soldato
Penny finally drops.
I was on the fence about getting the card in the first place, but if ray tracing and DLSS had been good and on time then it could have been worth it. Also, a 2080 Ti is not quite as fast as I thought vs a factory overclocked GTX 1080 so that was a bit disappointing (most reviews used FE models). Finally, we don't know when next year high end 7nm GPUs will come out, it might a full year from now. There's always something better coming if you wait a year in PC hardware.

Soldato
I'm getting a refund. I've realised my GTX 1080 is good enough for now and will wait to see what 7nm brings. I hope they don't give me any more problems.

Shame, I would hate to go back to the 1080 knowing what I had just bought and never even got a chance to try the 2080Ti in Ray Tracing. Good luck with the refund.

Soldato
Nope - definitely missing. Guess they have sold out of the founder's edition and nothing of course to do with the issues ....
Nope, it's there for me still, was able to add one to cart. They have I think sold out in the USA again.
I did a survey for NV yesterday. I gave my opinion on lack of use of the new technologies. I'm sure they'll listen to me (ha) so expect good stuff soon :)

Soldato
Got a survey last night asking me what I thought about a few aspects of the 2000 series as well as some general gaming questions about what type of income I have and stuff and if I perceived any advantages from the RTX technology. Did anyone else? I think NVidia are trying to find out what is wrong. I just said pricing was the issue and when asked what price I'd bite at I said £799.

Soldato
Got a survey last night asking me what I thought about a few aspects of the 2000 series as well as some general gaming questions about what type of income I have and stuff and if I perceived any advantages from the RTX technology. Did anyone else? I think NVidia are trying to find out what is wrong. I just said pricing was the issue and when asked what price I'd bite at I said £799.
Sounds like same survey I did. They send them out periodically anyway and I don't think it was specific to having issues selling them. I didn't get that impression but didn't see the pricing related questions due to already owning one I guess (non-Ti). I expected to see a question about what I thought the general opinion was seeing as I selected "forums" for getting information but had no such question.
£799 is a nice price but atm unrealistic. They cannot even supply enough Ti's to satisty demand at the current price. You'd be lucky to get your hands on one if they were that price. I do think there;s good scope for reductions later though, probably no lower than £899 in the case of the Ti. Maybe the £ will have a bit of a run if Brexit seems half decent which would help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Before Nv fenced/tuned vram allocation via drivers Mordor was shocking with vram>~3.6Gb stutter(pre driver overhaul) it was one of the main reasons Nv got caught out and probably why @Panos dropped a Mordor:p:

Can't believe some still in denial that Nv wouldn't mug you off!:D

Lol. Im not going to dignify that because you know where i stand - ive never denied that there were issues but for the record, it was synthetic bemchmarks that uncovered the issues, modor came later and yes..it was fixed. Oh no, the horror!

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol. Im not going to dignify that because you know where i stand - ive never denied that there were issues but for the record, it was synthetic bemchmarks that uncovered the issues, modor came later and yes..it was fixed. Oh no, the horror!
People don't go running synthetics looking for problems for no reason, they went looking in synthetics for some sort of confirmation because they were having problems in games first.

Ramgate timeline shows it, the synthetics threw up many crazy conspiracies right enough.

There was/is no horror from me that they fixed it, at least they did provide a more fluid gaming experience and much like AMD sorted 290 black screening, I'm confident in NV that they will sort out RTX failures too.:)

Associate
Just when you think the 3.5GB 970 fiasco couldn’t be topped :D

I have to say this is hilarious :D watching things backfire spectacularly for Nvidia is so satisfying.

If it didn't "draw collatteral damage", I'd wouldn't mind the laugh... but I don't find it particular funny to spend £1000 just to get a card RMA and wait for days/weeks to either get a refund or find some other replacement.

The 3.5GB GTX 970 was a marketing blunder of dimensions, but the cards weren't defective. What we see now are cards that don't work and are getting returned. That in my book is a much larger "failure" - people getting 0 things for money spent and put in a waiting pattern.

Soldato
If it didn't "draw collatteral damage", I'd wouldn't mind the laugh... but I don't find it particular funny to spend £1000 just to get a card RMA and wait for days/weeks to either get a refund or find some other replacement.

The 3.5GB GTX 970 was a marketing blunder of dimensions, but the cards weren't defective. What we see now are cards that don't work and are getting returned. That in my book is a much larger "failure" - people getting 0 things for money spent and put in a waiting pattern.

Well at least with this issue you can get a refund or wait for an RMA. It sucks for people who get a bad card and it's annoying as hell to go through the RMA process but at least they won't lose anything.

Back
Top Bottom