• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti cards failing ?

Associate
Nvidia are actually changing the RTX prefixes now !
713b5d.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nvidia are actually changing the RTX prefixes now !
713b5d.jpg
Ha ha, that's great and when you go to RMA or refund your RMA 2080 Ti then they've got the most wonderful customer support so you can do it in a timely and efficient manner. Oh wait, sorry, I was dreaming; actually the opposite is true and you get to fight with a useless lying call centre in India and will be waiting for weeks on end with no communication:mad:.

Soldato
I just received my shipping label, I can't believe it. Now I can finally send the card back! Maybe they read my post:D.

Finally!! wow that was a long wait. Are you getting a refund or a replacement?

As an aside, just noticed on Nvidia's shop the 2080ti isn't listed for sale anymore.

Man of Honour
Worst launch since GTX970 3.5 GB VRAM debacle?

That wasn't really a launch debacle though it was only picked up on later and for most people didn't stop them use the GPU - a small number of games it would cause stutter which was reduced in the number of titles it affected with a driver update.

So far based on only having rough numbers to go on it seems pretty similar in terms of number affected to the 290(X) black screen memory issues on launch.

Soldato
That wasn't really a launch debacle though it was only picked up on later and for most people didn't stop them use the GPU - a small number of games it would cause stutter which was reduced in the number of titles it affected with a driver update.

So far based on only having rough numbers to go on it seems pretty similar in terms of number affected to the 290(X) black screen memory issues on launch.

Well, they'll never admit to anything more than 'usual' returns. NV lied about the 970's VRAM, even though it was a good card enjoyed by many, NV did get caught out lying. Whether they got rumbled right at launch or not that's pretty disgraceful behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom