***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Soldato
But you need range for LFC though.

Also at native I most likely would be low figures. And if I run at lower than native, then I'm going to be higher than 75fps..

While i cannot and surely wont argue against preference, as in if your fine with low framerate gaming then very good for you :), i personally think that if one is expecting to be in the below 50fps area of a certain resolution and that resolution is something one really wants then perhaps it would be time to look at the rest of the system. I personally cannot fathom how anyone wants to play in the lower fps areas, i would rather sacrifice some settings to make up for it. Then again this is preference area and to each their own.

on a side note, that Asus MX34VQ do look very interesting. Wonder how it stacks against the Sammy CF791. Heard Tech City on youtube saying something about the CF791 has a different backlight but i cannot find any information confirming this..anybody here know?

Associate
on a side note, that Asus MX34VQ do look very interesting. Wonder how it stacks against the Sammy CF791. Heard Tech City on youtube saying something about the CF791 has a different backlight but i cannot find any information confirming this..anybody here know?

PCM2 did a review on the MX34VQ recently and is currently writing one up for the CF791. You might need to wait a bit for the latter as his computer broke :( would be a good place to check the info you after on both.

Soldato
ACER or ASUS for UWQHD? (The only 2 with gsync)
I'm fascinated by the reviews, ofc I'll have to look it up myself before purchase but well... I'm coming from a 1080p 144hz monitor and need the upgrade for my new build. And I have to admit that it looks more spectacular than a 4k monitor IMHO.

Asus in my opinion. Design might not be to everyone's taste (personally love it) but is otherwise a solid well built monitor with easy functionality (mini joystick etc)

I know both are pretty much exactly the same panel but have had a far better experience with Asus warranty/service than acer.

Associate
Asus in my opinion. Design might not be to everyone's taste (personally love it) but is otherwise a solid well built monitor with easy functionality (mini joystick etc)

I know both are pretty much exactly the same panel but have had a far better experience with Asus warranty/service than acer.
Thanks for info... tomorrow I´ll travel to a near store and inspect them :D

I know Amazon references aren´t really trustworthy but there are some people reporting very bad BLB... dunno what to think about it.
But well tomorrow must come faster :D

Soldato
Thanks for info... tomorrow I´ll travel to a near store and inspect them :D

I know Amazon references aren´t really trustworthy but there are some people reporting very bad BLB... dunno what to think about it.
But well tomorrow must come faster :D

Always best to see it in person. You will love it, it IS an awesome monitor :D

Was worse on the very first batches of monitors when they were released. Mine has minimal blb (so have the vast majority of new ones to be honest) which is quite a recent batch. However I game in a lit room so would never bother me anyway.

Associate
Always best to see it in person. You will love it, it IS an awesome monitor :D

Was worse on the very first batches of monitors when they were released. Mine has minimal blb (so have the vast majority of new ones to be honest) which is quite a recent batch. However I game in a lit room so would never bother me anyway.
Uaaah don´t make me more excited than I already was :D
My money is ready to be spent...

Soldato
X34A is very nice so far! :) A little bit of BLB in the bottom right, but not too bad. Only other thing is the plastic trim around the screen could be better. For £900, you'd think the plastic would be flat and not warped...

Is there any good software for I can use to have 3 way snapping like the LG solution?

Caporegime
OP
Check out display fusion, I think it has something like that.

Or just try out the windows way of snapping windows to auto size and move to certain areas, although it isn't quite as efficient for 3+ windows side by side.

Soldato
Check out display fusion, I think it has something like that.

Or just try out the windows way of snapping windows to auto size and move to certain areas, although it isn't quite as efficient for 3+ windows side by side.

Thanks. The standard snapping feature is great for 16:9 but now on 21:9 I'm always looking to the side. Having three 'columns' would be really helpful so I can have my main window in the centre.

Guys, should I be concerned about this? The plastic on the top is not flat and it's really noticable against the light coloured wall behind. It's also apparent on the plastic trim around the PREDATOR logo. You can see it raised away from the panel in places.

https://goo.gl/photos/ofAM9Yjm9PSv1E328
https://goo.gl/photos/A4za8BBGTKWc8W7x8

Last edited:
Caporegime
That wouldn't bother me. What you need to remember that it's the panel that's important. What happens if you get a worse panel but the bezel is ok? How good is the BLB and uniformity?

Soldato
TFT Central's review of the AG352UCG is live (great indepth work as usual). Performance is about what I'd expect from a VA.

Yup, VA smearing as you'd expect. I don't know if this will ever change with VA, all panels suffer from it, and the bigger they are they more you'll notice it. It seems to be like asking for IPS to put out darker blacks... it's simply a limit of the tech and would surely require a complete overall and redesign from the ground up, which I can't see happening. That said, the upcoming 144Hz 4K IPS HDR (PG27UQ) from Asus seems to be doing something special with that particular IPS panel, although it will undoubtedly come at exorbitant cost.

Back
Top Bottom