***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Caporegime
I've installed the DELL and all I can say is wow

But after playing games on it all night I have a headache...I'm not to sure whether its just too big:o

I've come from 2 x 24" and its taking a while to get used to it....

Associate
Thought I share my setup, Samsung LS34E790C with two flanking Dell U2412M's. The top monitor is a LG Flatron 29UM65-P, which was my first Widescreen monitor which I liked, just felt a bit to small so it is now connected to my spare PC while using the Sammy as main and I just love it. Gaming and watching videos on it is just great and having the two flanking Dell's I can browse forums or what not if needed. :) Might seem a bit excess with the setup but when I'm working on my website I really love all the space it giving me this way. :)
Bonus point and a virtual cookie to the person that recognize the movie. :p

That's a great looking setup you've got there Swede. Out of interest how do you find using the top monitor, is it easy to look at for extended periods or does feel a strain having it up high like that? Have you got it wall mounted to get it there and if so what type of mount have you used, a simple fixed one with tilt or a more flexible movable one?
The reason I ask is that with my desk setup I currently have a dual monitor side by side setup (27" 1440p and an old 22" 1680x1050) but it's pretty cramped width wise so I'm considering going for a 34" ultrawide as a main and then second smaller ultrawide above it like you have.

Soldato
That's a great looking setup you've got there Swede. Out of interest how do you find using the top monitor, is it easy to look at for extended periods or does feel a strain having it up high like that? Have you got it wall mounted to get it there and if so what type of mount have you used, a simple fixed one with tilt or a more flexible movable one?
The reason I ask is that with my desk setup I currently have a dual monitor side by side setup (27" 1440p and an old 22" 1680x1050) but it's pretty cramped width wise so I'm considering going for a 34" ultrawide as a main and then second smaller ultrawide above it like you have.

Or get 2 34" Ultrawides, one on top of the other! 21:18! (7:6!) lol

Caporegime

Got any pics mate.. what did you use that 22 inch for ? For what purpose ? Surely getting a 27 1440p would make the 22inch redundant ?

Caporegime
Any regrets ?

None. The only thing I wish for is a bit of height adjustment tbh, but that's easily sorted with a stand or an arm (which I think I'm going to get as a long term investment anyhow, may as well do it asap).

I did *love* watching TV eps on my Phillips, but since I just crop a little on the LG now I can more than live with it. This is staying with me for the next 6-9 months till I can get a good deal on a Gsync UW ;) :cool:

Caporegime
Hi Easy,

I've got a 29" UW LG at home and a 34" um95 (flat panel) at work :)

before you ask, my only regret is not having a 34" at home as well :p

None. The only thing I wish for is a bit of height adjustment tbh, but that's easily sorted with a stand or an arm (which I think I'm going to get as a long term investment anyhow, may as well do it asap).

I did *love* watching TV eps on my Phillips, but since I just crop a little on the LG now I can more than live with it. This is staying with me for the next 6-9 months till I can get a good deal on a Gsync UW ;) :cool:

Cheers...I need to re-program my brain...I'm missing having two monitors ... But I know I would miss 34 UW now I've played a view games and gotten rid of the bezel in adobe premiere and pro tools :confused:

I'm a poor confused soul right now...:p

Associate
Or get 2 34" Ultrawides, one on top of the other! 21:18! (7:6!) lol

Haha, would be great to get a pair of Acer Predator XR341CKB stacked up but I think either my wife or bank manager would castrate me for doing it :)

Got any pics mate.. what did you use that 22 inch for ? For what purpose ? Surely getting a 27 1440p would make the 22inch redundant ?

I've not got any pics with me at work but I'll grab some tonight if I get a chance. The second little monitor is only really used for monitoring programs whilst I'm playing on the main screen, stuff like MSI afterburner, Speedfan etc. In some games I use it for web browsing as well and when I do have to do anything work related it's handy having that bit of extra space. Since I've got the 1440p main screen I've definitely been using it less but I'm not quite ready to give up 2 screens completely yet.
I'm thinking something like the Predator mentioned above as a main screen and then a smaller 2560x1080 UW above it would be a nice mix. The new LG screens announced yesterday looked almost perfect but the lack of Freesync and no vesa mounts on the smaller ones rules them out.

Soldato
The more I look at these ultra wide displays the more I want one. Top of the list is currently a dell for the warranty and curve. Second is the AOC. Is the dell the best choice and is there any reason bar cost why the AOC might be better?

Also excluding the really expensive gsync asus and acer models are there any other soon to be released ultra wides that might be worth waiting for? I am in no rush.

Associate
The more I look at these ultra wide displays the more I want one. Top of the list is currently a dell for the warranty and curve. Second is the AOC. Is the dell the best choice and is there any reason bar cost why the AOC might be better?

Also excluding the really expensive gsync asus and acer models are there any other soon to be released ultra wides that might be worth waiting for? I am in no rush.

Top of your list or what list?

I'd say S34 > DELL > LG > AOC. If for gaming.

Soldato

as we say in Bristol 21.9 gaming is gert lush

Back
Top Bottom