***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Associate
Guys, is the Asus PG348Q worth the money? I currently only have an RX480 8GB but would upgrade as I've found the monitor for £750 elsewhere?

Associate
Hmm I'm not a competitive gamer either just liked the look of that monitor.....What other ultrawide would you recommend? If it had freesync instead of gsync that would be a bonus!

Soldato
My dad recently bought a LG UM88 (non curved) lovely screen with little BLB. Has freesync, can be easily overclocked to 75Hz. It's exactly the same panel as the curved version but the curved one comes with 75Hz max refresh out of the box.

I bought a U3417W last week as I decided I didn't need G or freesync. It's absolutely stunning and if you have a look there's a stonking deal on one currently. Saying that, because it is only 60Hz it may not be any good for you but it is lovely, the build quality is superb and is backed up by Dell's 3 year warranty.

Associate
I can't seem to find a UM88 anywhere for <£500 closer to £600 and I mainly use my PC for gaming and VM work so would probably end up going for a monitor with one of the adaptive sync technologies

Soldato
So I got my Z35P, overclocked it to 120mhz, gone from the Swift 27" 144mhz... Really happy so far but I get some weird ghost trailing stuff when looking around in games... I turned some mode from extreme to normal and it isn't as noticeable, I've run numerous tests from some site for ghosting and other things but I'm really noticing it in games. Is that normal for these types of monitors? Does that even make sense?

Soldato
So I got my Z35P, overclocked it to 120mhz, gone from the Swift 27" 144mhz... Really happy so far but I get some weird ghost trailing stuff when looking around in games... I turned some mode from extreme to normal and it isn't as noticeable, I've run numerous tests from some site for ghosting and other things but I'm really noticing it in games. Is that normal for these types of monitors? Does that even make sense?

Had that with c34f791 which is also a VA panel, I think it is just generally a thing with VA panels. It was far more noticeable with freesync working so maybe turning off g-sync would help. For me the ghosting was not really noticeable unless looking for it.

Soldato
Had that with c34f791 which is also a VA panel, I think it is just generally a thing with VA panels. It was far more noticeable with freesync working so maybe turning off g-sync would help. For me the ghosting was not really noticeable unless looking for it.
Ahhh ok mate, that's good to know. I think that's the thing now that I know it's there I keep looking for it which makes it annoying. Had nothing like it with my other monitor so guess I just have to stop looking for it haha :D Thanks

Associate
My dad recently bought a LG UM88 (non curved) lovely screen with little BLB. Has freesync, can be easily overclocked to 75Hz. It's exactly the same panel as the curved version but the curved one comes with 75Hz max refresh out of the box.

I bought a U3417W last week as I decided I didn't need G or freesync. It's absolutely stunning and if you have a look there's a stonking deal on one currently. Saying that, because it is only 60Hz it may not be any good for you but it is lovely, the build quality is superb and is backed up by Dell's 3 year warranty.

Just bit the bullet on a LG 34UM88C for £400 used-like new from another site. Can't wait for it to arrive already and at least I shouldn't have to upgrade my graphics card with free-sync.

Anyone got any recommendations on checks or calibration I should do on arrival? Big one I guess to check is dead pixels and back light bleed?

Soldato
Just bit the bullet on a LG 34UM88C for £400 used-like new from another site. Can't wait for it to arrive already and at least I shouldn't have to upgrade my graphics card with free-sync.

Anyone got any recommendations on checks or calibration I should do on arrival? Big one I guess to check is dead pixels and back light bleed?

I just spotted that, sure it's right price/model? the site is "Fancy a Indian"

Soldato

Congrats on the purchase man. That's a great price.

IMO £500-600 should be the top end pricing on the 34" models and collectively as a community, we should be telling Nvidia to go **** themselves lol.

Dead pixels first for sure. I would definitely expect some bleed and you'll prob find the bottom left corner has more bleed than the other corners. You can drop the brightness a fair bit to help with this if needed.

Associate
Congrats on the purchase man. That's a great price.

IMO £500-600 should be the top end pricing on the 34" models and collectively as a community, we should be telling Nvidia to go **** themselves lol.

Dead pixels first for sure. I would definitely expect some bleed and you'll prob find the bottom left corner has more bleed than the other corners. You can drop the brightness a fair bit to help with this if needed.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it now, hoping it's 100% as described too!

Are there any videos/tests I can run when it arrives? I've never really had an expensive/quality monitor before haha

Soldato
Really looking forward to getting my hands on it now, hoping it's 100% as described too!

Are there any videos/tests I can run when it arrives? I've never really had an expensive/quality monitor before haha

Use pixel tester. Green/Blue/Red/white/black/grey test screens. Test for uneven back light/ips bleed if IPS , and dead/lit pixels.

Back
Top Bottom