***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Associate
Are you using the metal bracket that comes with the monitor?

yes I tried it. But its definitely thinner at the lower edges. The stand incorporates the curved profile of the monitor and the bracket is flat. This makes the lower two screws stick out by roughly 3-5mm when screwed in fully.

I would usually message Acer directly in the first instance but I imagined OCUK may have provided an answer sooner :D

Associate
yes I tried it. But its definitely thinner at the lower edges. The stand incorporates the curved profile of the monitor and the bracket is flat. This makes the lower two screws stick out by roughly 3-5mm when screwed in fully.

I would usually message Acer directly in the first instance but I imagined OCUK may have provided an answer sooner :D

Admittedly it was a while ago and I have the X34 not the X34A but I just screwed the bracket to the monitor with supplied screws (not the ones that hold the original stand on) and it all fitted nicely.

Associate
Thinking about getting an ultrawide to replace my 2 monitors. Anybody have experience with the LG 29UM68-P 29" 2560x1080? Is it good value for money? I need one with Freesync and this looks good for the price.

Soldato
Thinking about getting an ultrawide to replace my 2 monitors. Anybody have experience with the LG 29UM68-P 29" 2560x1080? Is it good value for money? I need one with Freesync and this looks good for the price.

Compared to the curved monitor 29UC88, the panel is not the same, 6 bit versus 8 bit, number of colours, % colour accuracy.

Associate

I had the same problem mounting my X34 to the bracket, I solved it by using a couple of washers each side for the bottom 2 screws.

Associate
Purchased the LG 29UM68-P 29" the other day and I love ultrawide! Got it from b grade section for £200 and all plastic was still on the monitor, only the HDMI bag and power cable had been opened. Freesync and overclocked to 80Hz with Freesync range of 32-80 instead of the standard 40-75. Makes games so much smoother.

Associate
I had the same problem mounting my X34 to the bracket, I solved it by using a couple of washers each side for the bottom 2 screws.

Its looking like my only option then. No reply from Acer. Its not exactly an engineering hardship, but it does seem like a really unbelievable oversight.

Soldato
Purchased the LG 29UM68-P 29" the other day and I love ultrawide! Got it from b grade section for £200 and all plastic was still on the monitor, only the HDMI bag and power cable had been opened. Freesync and overclocked to 80Hz with Freesync range of 32-80 instead of the standard 40-75. Makes games so much smoother.

Thats a great price :)...I got my Swift from B-Grade for around £360...and if I didnt know any better I would have said it was brand new , same with my X34 too.

Soldato
My Dell U3417W arrived on Friday, it looks absolutely stunning. One thing which really surprises me is how well my GTX980 copes with 3440x1440. It only seems to struggle when taking AA to the point of dimishing returns. I thought I would end up needing another upgrade, but looks like I'll be able to make do for now :)

Soldato
Well ive had my mx34vq from asus now for about 1½ months and the romance i had with it is certainly over. Im pretty much done with asus for monitors. The overdrive is overdone past 40ish, the overall pixel response of the panel is not impressive and the overshot rather bothersome at sub 85ish hz. I will say that if you run this monitor in static 100hz its not a bad monitor but the freesync part is absolutely horrid. Currently trying to sell this on the 2nd hand market but that has proven difficult unless i want to take a 30-40% loss.

Associate
Hello

Does anyone use a PS4 and a XBOX ONE on their Acer X34 or a Asus PG348Q ??

does it work and do yo get the sound?

I want get rid of my 32 inch tv and my Asus 144hz monitor for a single wide screen set up, id like to use the monitor mainly for PC gaming but also for console gaming, i kn ow they come with HDMI so does anyone console game on their widescreen?????????

Associate
Got to play with a LG 34UC79G today. Had it side by side with my 29UC88 and my impressions were that this 34 inch is a serious gaming monitor. Once you look past the slightly softer image due to the lower ppi everything else just shines.

It showed a clearly higher contrast level and deeper black level which was surprising as I consider my own UC88 to be very good in those areas. But what was crazy was the 120-144Hz motion handling which was stellar to put it mildly. I didn't encounter the dim brightness complaint either as I believe that LG must have revised it or something because this brand new monitor showed no loss in brightness moving up the Hz as some reviewers pointed out. 144Hz had the same brightness as 60Hz.

And there wasn't any obvious extra motion blur or smearing past 120Hz either to my eyes which was highlighted on the model that TFT Central had.

My UC88 did have slightly better color out the box though but after a few tweaks to the UC79G, both were hard to tell apart. That LG icc profile is awful on this as well. It was the same with my monitor which is way too dark. At the same brightness level in the osd the UC79G is actually brighter.

Congrats to those who have this monitor and are happy with it. If I had bought it I would have been happy with it too.

Back
Top Bottom