***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Soldato
Suddenly after some extended uses of my ultrawide AOC 34" I returned to my 16.9 32 inch 1440p and all of a sudden it dawned on me how square(or perceived) a 16.9 display is against 21.9 and now I totally get what some people are saying about never to return to 16.9. Looks very wrong now. Oh well have to replace all monitors to 21.9 then eek.

You don't know what pain I go through every morning ......

Work monitors are 2 x 1280x1024 - FML and F it again :(

Associate
WoW natively ran at 3440x1440 for me. :)

Vanilla wow runs @ 3440x1440

See

MC_Bindings.png

BWL.jpg

RIP

#LETUSPLAY

Last edited:
Soldato
It ran perfectly. I haven't played it in about a year, decent settings (higher made no difference as its so old :p) and it crusied by at 60fps. BG or 10 man with lots going on could reduce to about 40fps, but all very playable.

Soldato
I have the Phillips 40" monitor which allows me to run as a 34" superwide. What has been bothering me when using it either as SW or at native 4K, many games have aspects of the UI stuck right out in the upper left or right corners where I can't conveniently see them without moving my head. Most games anchor the UI so you can't move it about and in some games it's distracting to look away from the action to see your health, status, quest pop up or whatever.

Does anyone else find this a problem?

Caporegime
OP
Not really, I find that most games have the UI/HUD still in the 16.9 area i.e.

VRLAF6jh.png.jpg

Although I would much rather be able to move that stuff as far in to the corners as possible like you can in the division.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can easily run 2560x1080 on a 34" 1440 UWA. I run Division at 2560x1080 and cannot tell the difference other than 15fps more performance on Ultra settings.

Caporegime
OP
What about desktop use, would he notice much of a difference there?

Yep definitely.

Much less screen real estate and pixels will be rather noticeable with text, although again, the latter largely depends on how far you sit to the screen.

I may then go for a 1080p model and save some pennies :)

If you can, I would try to wait until late Summer, we should be seeing some more 21.9 screens around then, not to mention, see what happens with free/g sync versions.

Pet Northerner
Don
Yep definitely.

Much less screen real estate and pixels will be rather noticeable with text, although again, the latter largely depends on how far you sit to the screen.

If you can, I would try to wait until late Summer, we should be seeing some more 21.9 screens around then, not to mention, see what happens with free/g sync versions.

I'm less than a meter from my screen. But yeah, I think I'll wait until summer. July is my Birthday so I can con the wife into buying me one :D

Back
Top Bottom