• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT or 640GTS?

Permabanned
Tom|Nbk said:
He's a "Source engine expert" - and all because he plays a bit of CSS, well I never :eek: . Just for everyones information I went X1900XT > 8800GTS > 2900XT

OK, why not have a bash with me 1v1 at HL2: deathmatch, CS:S, DOD Source or any of your choice, all welcome to spectate. Oh yeah don't forget Tom seen as you're so much of an hardware expert, why was some of benchmark tests we were doing the other night, on your system you were like 40odd frames less than mine? Look toying with you ATI fanboys is a laugh but face the facts, the 2900 is an awful card with no AA performance, you can't max out anything new at high res, end of story.

Caporegime
the_champ_101 said:
Don't ignore the argument, are you still saying that that 400W is the max?

The argument was that according to you i never owned the card in question, now all of a sudden you're changing the subject. How pathetic . :rolleyes:

As for the shuttle psu's ive yet to see higher than a 400watt for the P chassis, if there was then ive never found a reseller for them in the uk.

Caporegime
killer_uk said:
Seriously, how old are you?

At most im guessing 15 and going through that stage where he knows it all. Knows so much that he denied that the 2900 series had a problem with rendering the fog in dod source, despite the fact that hes an expert and plays the source games regularly. :o

Permabanned
Gerard said:
The argument was that according to you i never owned the card in question, now all of a sudden you're changing the subject. How pathetic . :rolleyes:

The claim you don't have the card was only a brief 1, this power supply issue was the main argument, is the max for your case 400W or 450W? It's pathetic you can't answer that, also pathetic on your reason of changing to the GTS, because it was solely based on this power issue.

Caporegime
the_champ_101 said:
The claim you don't have the card was only a brief 1, this power supply issue was the main argument, is the max for your case 400W or 450W? It's pathetic you can't answer that, also pathetic on your reason of changing to the GTS, because it was solely based on this power issue.

How exactly is it "pathetic" go look on google and see how many shuttle "p chassis" psu's show up. I found ONE reseller in the uk with 400 watt psu's in stock and that was about it.

And if you really think that was your main argument LOL go back and look at your posts, all along you've been practically saying ive been talking out my ass about owning the card, now that you got completly obliterated in that argument you're just looking for more things to pick at. sad sad little child.

Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
OK, why not have a bash with me 1v1 at HL2: deathmatch, CS:S, DOD Source or any of your choice, all welcome to spectate. Oh yeah don't forget Tom seen as you're so much of an hardware expert, why was some of benchmark tests we were doing the other night, on your system you were like 40odd frames less than mine? Look toying with you ATI fanboys is a laugh but face the facts, the 2900 is an awful card with no AA performance, you can't max out anything new at high res, end of story.

Tell me, what would doing a 1v1 prove?

Permabanned
Gerard said:
At most im guessing 15 and going through that stage where he knows it all. Knows so much that he denied that the 2900 series had a problem with rendering the fog in dod source, despite the fact that hes an expert and plays the source games regularly. :o

Claim all you like, I know your case takes the 450W when you claim the 400W was the max, hence no reason for you to change the card if you didn't feel the GTS is better for now. As a fan boy for ATI you should think of better excuses for changing.

Soldato
the_champ_101 said:
Claim all you like, I know your case takes the 450W when you claim the 400W was the max, hence no reason for you to change the card if you didn't feel the GTS is better for now. As a fan boy for ATI you should think of better excuses for changing.

Your posts make no sense, your argument MAKES NO SENSE. YOU MAKE NO SENSE. If he was an ATI fanboy, why would be change and get an nVidia card?

Caporegime
the_champ_101 said:

There really is air getting into your head sonny boy.

And if you really think i was gonna fork out yet another £100 or so on this mythical 450 watt psu that no one else seems to know about then you're very much mistaken. £280 for the 2900, £115 for the 400 watt, yeah i'll spend another hundred or more just to try and get a card working. :rolleyes:

Soldato
the_champ_101 said:

:D Classic, im in tears almost.

Caporegime
the_champ_101 said:
Thats what Im trying to get out of him, funny how he won't answer the power supply question eh?

WHAT power supply question all you've been going on about is some 450 watt psu for the p chassis. If there is such a thing then link it you annoying little noob.

Back
Top Bottom