• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

290x/290 voltage control with MSI AB (stock bios) guide.

Mobster
Soldato
OP
Good work on the guide Ranger. :)

Knowing that you made an awesome guide i am very happy that you complimented my guide! Could be better though, got some grammatical errors and im not very detailed in some areas. Please call me out on it if you see anything unclear.

By any chance havd you tried the original beta 3 drivers yet? Might go back and try these if you havnt

I have not tried this yet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Knowing that you made an awesome guide i am very happy that you complimented my guide! Could be better though, got some grammatical errors and im not very detailed in some areas. Please call me out on it if you see anything unclear.

I have not tried this yet.

Don't worry about it. I find the more people reply and use it you get more feedback and can change things to make it easier for others next time. Good work.

Associate
Its not working for me.I cant add that after MSIAB.exe its says the file is invalid.

put it after the quotation marks, so the shortcut should look like:

"\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi4,30,8d,xx

Just replace the xx with whatever you wanted to try.

Associate
put it after the quotation marks, so the shortcut should look like:

"\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi4,30,8d,xx

Just replace the xx with whatever you wanted to try.

Ohhh god i feel soo stupid. Thanks mate for pointing out,sadly tho once i altered the voltage and oc'd i got the black sreen problem.

Associate
Im at 60hz and only added 10,still blacksreen at the end of the TR bench.Right after the load drops from 100%.but the way its same as yours Ranger,like i unplugged the DVI connector.It has to be driver related tho.

Last edited:
Soldato
No joy!

What I've done is make a copy of the Afterburner short cut from desktop. Right clicked properties from the short cut. Applied this in the target box. So it reads "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /wi4,30,8d,18

Still reading +100 rather than +150 in Afterburner. Something I'm missing?

Suspended
AB setup like this?:

cf81816b584a62dc9b2afba647cdb5f9.jpg

c26c846c1f09769110dd8ff9ccbb04ec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom