• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
@GIGA-Man I'm on a W38 card and it has the heatshrink on the cables, due to the fact that W38 has mixed stock is there ANY way to see if your card has the fixed connectors?
It seems pointless to send the card to Gigabyte if it already has the new connectors.

It's difficult but you can see the end of the connnectors through backplate. If it look like a picture from Giga-man with some kind of cap where the cables go, you have new connnectors, otherwise you have potentially faulty old ones.

Associate
It's difficult but you can see the end of the connnectors through backplate. If it look like a picture from Giga-man with some kind of cap where the cables go, you have new connnectors, otherwise you have potentially faulty old ones.

Ok, I will have a look.
If someone have a W39 card and can take a picture of how the new connectors look like thru the backplate that would be wonderful.

Associate
Same here, it's hard to understand if we have a bad batch of W38 cards or not. I've had my 3080 sat here since Monday wondering what to do haha, already emailed Gigaman

https://imgur.com/a/a2f7cJW

a2f7cJW

I think at the back of the new connnectors should be part marked on the pictures and this part is holding the cables preventing them to fall out of the connector when pins are pushed by the psu connector . My old connnectors didn't look like this, cables was coming through square holes and you can see these holes through the backplate but it's difficult. This is how i understand this. It's hard for me to explain it more clearly in English sorry.

Last edited:
Associate
https://imgur.com/gallery/a2f7cJW

I think at the back of the new connnectors should be part marked on the pictures and this part is holding the cables preventing them to fall out of the connector when pins are pushed by the psu connector . My old connnectors didn't look like this, cables was coming through square holes and you can see these holes through the backplate but it's difficult. This is how i understand this. It's hard for me to explain it more clearly in English sorry.
No worries, thank you. I'm going to compare now.

Soldato
Just took my card out and can't really tell if it has the new connector or not. All the pins seems fine, the cables came out ok and went back in with no issues.

Couldn't get any decent pics this was the best:

img-20201014-125015-large.jpg

Associate
Just took my card out and can't really tell if it has the new connector or not. All the pins seems fine, the cables came out ok and went back in with no issues.

Couldn't get any decent pics this was the best:

img-20201014-125015-large.jpg

You have to look at greater angle and eventually you will see how the back of the two connectors look like. If the cables go through the square holes of the connector it's the old one. If they are surrounded by some kind of cap holding them in place like in the picture I attached few posts earlier it's the new one. I hope it's the correct way to tell which one you have, but I might be wrong. Better wait for Giga-man to explain it more clearly.

Soldato
Let's apply some logic here, as you will not be able to tell easily, you have two options, if you are on wk38 or older either you send the card for replacement, wait 3-4 days and sleep well at night or you constantly live in fear that the connector dies, now if your card works now you can wait up until the shortages of the cards are no longer an issue, and then contact GB to get it fixed, or just do the 3-4day wait, it has been mentioned here milion times, I bought the card on lunch day at 14:30 and I still don't have it , so you guys are lucky, use that luck, get the new connector fixed use those 4 days without GPU to learn origami or finger painting.

Associate
Let's apply some logic here, as you will not be able to tell easily, you have two options, if you are on wk38 or older either you send the card for replacement, wait 3-4 days and sleep well at night or you constantly live in fear that the connector dies, now if your card works now you can wait up until the shortages of the cards are no longer an issue, and then contact GB to get it fixed, or just do the 3-4day wait, it has been mentioned here milion times, I bought the card on lunch day at 14:30 and I still don't have it , so you guys are lucky, use that luck, get the new connector fixed use those 4 days without GPU to learn origami or finger painting.
If Gigaman actually sorts the replacements out, he must be quite busy because I asked Monday and still not heard anything

Soldato
If Gigaman actually sorts the replacements out, he must be quite busy because I asked Monday and still not heard anything
Well in the meantime, use the card, it's not like it's not working at the moment or? Us the card and when gigaman replies, then you will get it changed. Patience is a virtue, if the card doesn't work at all, then shout and scream 100% valid, same for the picture above, it's impossible to tell from that picture if the connector is new or old, you have some heat shrink on it that seems to not be on the original first version, maybe it's new,maybe it's old..everyones guess is as good as mine, and I am sure gigaman can tell when the connector is out of the card, which i would not recommend, so again are you on wk38? Do you suffer from sleepless nights over the connector fears? Contact the email address for UK or GB support if not in UK and arrange a replacement connector.

Associate
Well in the meantime, use the card, it's not like it's not working at the moment or? Us the card and when gigaman replies, then you will get it changed. Patience is a virtue, if the card doesn't work at all, then shout and scream 100% valid, same for the picture above, it's impossible to tell from that picture if the connector is new or old, you have some heat shrink on it that seems to not be on the original first version, maybe it's new,maybe it's old..everyones guess is as good as mine, and I am sure gigaman can tell when the connector is out of the card, which i would not recommend, so again are you on wk38? Do you suffer from sleepless nights over the connector fears? Contact the email address for UK or GB support if not in UK and arrange a replacement connector.
Haha it's all good, I just want to get it fixed just in-case; I plan to use the card for Watch dogs in 2 weeks so i'm not having sleepless nights or anything.

Would rather err on the side of caution, i'm sure it's fine to use right now.

Associate
I contacted Gigabyte via email (on page 1) this morning, and just got a reply and they're picking up the card tomorrow and to be returned on Saturday. Better safe than sorry, mine is WK38

Associate
I contacted Gigabyte via email (on page 1) this morning, and just got a reply and they're picking up the card tomorrow and to be returned on Saturday. Better safe than sorry, mine is WK38
Same here, getting picked up tomorrow but no mention of Saturday return; that's blazing fast if true!

Associate
Same here, getting picked up tomorrow but no mention of Saturday return; that's blazing fast if true!
Yeah got an email reply too. Mine is getting picked up tomorrow. No mention of Saturday for me as well. Luckily I have a backup card which I can use until then.

Associate
Hey all,

I've replied to everyone that's mailed me and will get your cards sorted ASAP.

There are a few that mailed but didn't provide all the details.... Please send the below so I can process this for you as quickly as possible..

Invoice
Serial number
Check number
Address
Contact number

Best day for collection, I cannot arrange weekend collections.. Best days for us to do collections are Monday to Wednesday, if we collect on a Thursday or Friday it's possible the card wont be returned until after the weekend. Those that are being picked up on Thursday, I'll do my best to you on Saturday as i said.

Associate
Hey all,

I've replied to everyone that's mailed me and will get your cards sorted ASAP.

There are a few that mailed but didn't provide all the details.... Please send the below so I can process this for you as quickly as possible..

Invoice
Serial number
Check number
Address
Contact number

Best day for collection, I cannot arrange weekend collections.. Best days for us to do collections are Monday to Wednesday, if we collect on a Thursday or Friday it's possible the card wont be returned until after the weekend. Those that are being picked up on Thursday, I'll do my best to you on Saturday as i said.
Thanks so much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom