• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Company is built on the staff it uses . Few years now gigabyte UK staff on this forum has built a reputation other vendors from across the hardware scene can't match .
Then lies the problem when other countries within the same company can't manage the same calibre ... Hopefully Gigabyte EU/ Asia and US takes note.
Seeing a lot of non UK gigabyte owners coming here for the support which is nice to see as it grows the forum but shame it's their last resort

Yeah, frankly I found out about this forum/thread from a reddit post. There was plenty of guessing and questioning on there and here it seems like all the answers have been found. If only we had a customer rep like you all have in the UK.

My 3090 was picked up last Thursday, got it back this morning, thx GIGA-Man!
Still have to test it properly, but so far it's going OK.
Here are some photos of the connectors, it's not easy to tell what the connector inside looks like and I don't want to take it apart, but one can see those shrink hose / heat shrink thingies holding the cables together behind the ventillation holes, those are new, and I'm assuming the connector itself is new as well. I had no problems connecting the PSU cables.

qlDHE5S.jpg

8rZivlL.jpg

Company is built on the staff it uses . Few years now gigabyte UK staff on this forum has built a reputation other vendors from across the hardware scene can't match .
Then lies the problem when other countries within the same company can't manage the same calibre ... Hopefully Gigabyte EU/ Asia and US takes note.
Seeing a lot of non UK gigabyte owners coming here for the support which is nice to see as it grows the forum but shame it's their last resort

Agree ..Its a shame really ..lets hope other Gigabyte sectors reps do take note's from all this ..

My 3090 was picked up last Thursday, got it back this morning, thx GIGA-Man!
Still have to test it properly, but so far it's going OK.
Here are some photos of the connectors, it's not easy to tell what the connector inside looks like and I don't want to take it apart, but one can see those shrink hose / heat shrink thingies holding the cables together behind the ventillation holes, those are new, and I'm assuming the connector itself is new as well. I had no problems connecting the PSU cables.

qlDHE5S.jpg

8rZivlL.jpg

Thx for sharing ...Enjoy

@Zsooo thank you for the info. So your card didn't have the heatshrink thingies before you sent the card in to get it fixed and after it was fixed it has.
My card has the heatshrink thingies on it so maybe I have the fixed connectors :)

As I've had no issues with my wk38 card and it has the heat shrink around the cables I'm going to take it that it has the fixed connectors and leave it at that.

If anything does happen in the future it's nice knowing that the issue will be fixed quickly thanks to @GIGA-Man

Hopefully a bit of good news for those of us in the US. Just had my RMA status updated to "repaired." I called them and they confirmed whatever the issue was had been fixed and that it is now entering "final testing" and should be shipped back to me sometime next week. Obviously i'm not counting it as a win until the card is safely plugged into my rig and operating right... but it's something!

Hopefully a bit of good news for those of us in the US. Just had my RMA status updated to "repaired." I called them and they confirmed whatever the issue was had been fixed and that it is now entering "final testing" and should be shipped back to me sometime next week. Obviously i'm not counting it as a win until the card is safely plugged into my rig and operating right... but it's something!

I'm wk 37 and so far my card seems fine. Worst comes to worst, I'll keep it for Cyberpunk and RMA when I've had a good amount of time to play the game. I'm just worried it'll take weeks for me. I had the WORST RMA process with Asus where my card took almost an entire month to get back to me. It was a complete nightmare, and if you want a good laugh, I posted the most talked about Reddit thread on the Asus sub haha. Link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/hywvcb/support_horrible_experience_with_rma/

I'm wk 37 and so far my card seems fine. I saw someone on Reddit tell me to use GPU-Z and watch the "Sensors" tab and specifically keep an eye on 8pin Voltage #1 & 8pin Voltage #2 and make sure it doesn't drop drastically below 12.0 while gaming (and so far, so good)! Worst comes to worst, I'll keep it for Cyberpunk and RMA when I've had a good amount of time to play the game. I'm just worried it'll take weeks for me. I had the WORST RMA process with Asus where my card took almost an entire month to get back to me. It was a complete nightmare, and if you want a good laugh, I posted the most talked about Reddit thread on the Asus sub haha. Link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/hywvcb/support_horrible_experience_with_rma/

Yeah, i'm hopeful that it'll all come back fine given what we've heard from the Giga-man here, but until i've got it all booted up i'm not gonna hold my breath.

This is my W38 card that was delivered to me on monday, I have been using it since then without problem. I've been abit worried about if i got the "fixed" power connectors or not so yesterday i decided to do a little stress test on them. I disconnected my card to take this picture and then i proceeded plug my 8 pins in and out for like 5-6 times each while looking for any shift in the pins on the card connectors. And I was happy to see that they had not moved an inch, so i can only assume that I have the updated connector.

https://imgur.com/Tlidh2c
https://imgur.com/djRNRCb

Last edited:
I've tried looking closely at the various pictures that have been posted by users (thanks), but the rear of the 2x connector blocks are buried so deep inside the plastic housing box that I'm unable to tell.

Seems to me that the both the card and plastic box would need to be disassembled to be 100% sure.

Please, if you don't mind, post here total repairing time, giving us outside UK an estimation of how much time will have a big paperweight in our desks.

Thanks.

For the UK, my card is getting picked up tomorrow with a return on Wednesday, just for future reference.

I imagine if you got a return for Monday you'd get it back on Thursday for example

Waiting on getting a return label today, i'll update once I know otherwise someone else may be able to answer in the mean time.

Most people should have had labels by now, can you mail me again just so I can confirm i've booked your collection. Trying to match real names and addresses to the user names here is a nightmare :-)

Most people should have had labels by now, can you mail me again just so I can confirm i've booked your collection. Trying to match real names and addresses to the user names here is a nightmare :)
Haha sure, to make it easy i've emailed you right now (10:38) so hopefully that matches :)

Back
Top Bottom