• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Hey all,

I've replied to everyone that's mailed me and will get your cards sorted ASAP.

There are a few that mailed but didn't provide all the details.... Please send the below so I can process this for you as quickly as possible..

Invoice
Serial number
Check number
Address
Contact number

Best day for collection, I cannot arrange weekend collections.. Best days for us to do collections are Monday to Wednesday, if we collect on a Thursday or Friday it's possible the card wont be returned until after the weekend. Those that are being picked up on Thursday, I'll do my best to you on Saturday as i said.

Jesus, I wish we had support like this from Gigabyte in the U.S. I emailed days ago and have heard nothing back. Even if they do, I highly doubt they’ll get the card back to me in a matter of days.

Associate
Well, Answer from Gigabyte eSupport went as expected:

"Dear chorl,

Sorry for the problem you encountered. As you just purchased this product, the warranty terms are dependent on your sale of contract and are what ever your supplier sold you, we suggest you to contact your supplier (where you bought this product) for assistance.

If you find any problem dealing with your retailer, kindly let us know who and when you contacted? how did you contact (phone or email)? What was the reason they refuse to help?

Or if there is anything we can support further through our system, please provide us the invoice to verify channel information as different terms may apply.

Regards,
GIGABYTE"

Our issue is not resellers refusing to apply warranty, they must comply according to law, my reseller told me to send the card and get it back repaired after TWO or THREE weeks. Real pain is to be with no graphic card (and not a cheap one) for so long time, when we all know the issue is easly fixable replacing conectors (you don't need two or three weeks to do it, my mom doesn't either). In terms of "service continuity" (I'm an IT guy), this situation is a disaster, customers without service (playing games, rendering for work, etc) for so long time, brand reputation issues, etc.

As many of us outside US/UK (where fix is quick), I'll wait until stock get stable, buy another card from different brand, send this card to RMA, and as soon as it's repaired, will sell it as spare or whatever. And, of course, never get this brand again.

Associate
Well, Answer from Gigabyte eSupport went as expected:

"Dear chorl,

Sorry for the problem you encountered. As you just purchased this product, the warranty terms are dependent on your sale of contract and are what ever your supplier sold you, we suggest you to contact your supplier (where you bought this product) for assistance.

If you find any problem dealing with your retailer, kindly let us know who and when you contacted? how did you contact (phone or email)? What was the reason they refuse to help?

Or if there is anything we can support further through our system, please provide us the invoice to verify channel information as different terms may apply.

Regards,
GIGABYTE"

Our issue is not resellers refusing to apply warranty, they must comply according to law, my reseller told me to send the card and get it back repaired after TWO or THREE weeks. Real pain is to be with no graphic card (and not a cheap one) for so long time, when we all know the issue is easly fixable replacing conectors (you don't need two or three weeks to do it, my mom doesn't either). In terms of "service continuity" (I'm an IT guy), this situation is a disaster, customers without service (playing games, rendering for work, etc) for so long time, brand reputation issues, etc.

As many of us outside US/UK (where fix is quick), I'll wait until stock get stable, buy another card from different brand, send this card to RMA, and as soon as it's repaired, will sell it as spare or whatever. And, of course, never get this brand again.

Yes, Gigabyte is a shame. GIGA-Man is doing a terrific job, but it should be arranged the same way in other countries as well. That would be my only reason to purchase Gigabyte products in the future again. Please everyone, just stay away from Gigabyte in the future, unless they acknowledge this problem and help you in your respective country. I'm still waiting for an EAGLE pre-order in NL, but if it is from week 38 or older and I won't receive any help, I will return it. Also, will not purchase from this company again.

Associate
Hey @GIGA-Man I just called the support hotline here in the U.S. and they have no idea about this issue. This is becoming kind of a joke and I likely won’t be buying Gigabyte products anymore if this doesn’t get resolved this week. Please dm when you get a chance

Associate
Hey all,

I've replied to everyone that's mailed me and will get your cards sorted ASAP.

There are a few that mailed but didn't provide all the details.... Please send the below so I can process this for you as quickly as possible..

Invoice
Serial number
Check number
Address
Contact number

Best day for collection, I cannot arrange weekend collections.. Best days for us to do collections are Monday to Wednesday, if we collect on a Thursday or Friday it's possible the card wont be returned until after the weekend. Those that are being picked up on Thursday, I'll do my best to you on Saturday as i said.
Really appreciate the help, Thank you for being so helpful mate. I was dreading having to return or even RMA this card but you've made it a breeze.

Associate
Hey @GIGA-Man I just called the support hotline here in the U.S. and they have no idea about this issue. This is becoming kind of a joke and I likely won’t be buying Gigabyte products anymore if this doesn’t get resolved this week. Please dm when you get a chance

@Sunnysideguy Have you tried calling the RMA phone line specifically? Not saying it'll be any better per-se, but they at least accepted my RMA request and paid for my shipping to send the card to them. http://rma.gigabyte.us/

Associate
OP
I am very disappointed with Gigabyte's dealings with peeps outside of the UK. and these are the one's where hearing about
i dread to think how many there really is having problems out there.

There clearly aware of this issue that they have caused yet there not helping people at all by not acknowledging this problem in a statement.

It really does seem to me there wanting to keep it hush hush under the carpet as they say..

I am however great full for the support GIGA-man as been able to offer here. Yet restricted .

I do hope Gigabyte come clean re all this but i very much doubt it.

Associate
I am very disappointed with Gigabyte's dealings with peeps outside of the UK. and these are the one's where hearing about
i dread to think how many there really is having problems out there.

There clearly aware of this issue that they have caused yet there not helping people at all by not acknowledging this problem in a statement.

It really does seem to me there wanting to keep it hush hush under the carpet as they say..

I am however great full for the support GIGA-man as been able to offer here. Yet restricted .

I do hope Gigabyte come clean re all this but i very much doubt it.

I appreciate & respect the work he’s doing for you guys in the UK, but the support in the U.S. has been abysmal thus far. Maybe there’s a contact he has for someone in the U.S. like him that is aware of the issue and can get this back to us quickly? I just want an answer since calling the RMA hotline has been no help. I was basically told they’ll take a look but they’re not aware of the problem. I don’t trust sending this card to them in all honesty

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, they've had my card for a bit under a week at this point. I intend on giving them until Friday to give me an update before I call to check in on what's going on. I'm normally not one to go full "Karen" but this isn't a cheap purchase...

Associate
I've made sure this thread and other info is highlighted to my HQ. There's nothing more I can do for you from my side. I'd phone them again and insist that they offer you a solution.

Thank you very much for your hard work, considering it's not an issue in UK, you're doing a great job! But Gigabyte, as global company, is taking a lot of damage. Well, not "a lot", this is an enthusiast segment (less than 5% of total graphic card sales). If GB make same mistakes with mainstream segment (3060-3070), oh boy, things would be totally different.

Associate
I've made sure this thread and other info is highlighted to my HQ. There's nothing more I can do for you from my side. I'd phone them again and insist that they offer you a solution.
Sorry just a quick question, for the emails that you sent out before, do we need to do anything else after responding back or will we get a collection email at some point tonight/tomorrow?

Associate
Good evening everyone,

so I've had a week 37 Gaming OC 3080 for a bit now, and I'm a bit confused on some things.
My card plugged in without problems and I've stress-tested and played a bunch of stuff and everything runs brilliantly, quite love the card really. Runs so well and stays super cool undervolted.

From what I've read so far here it almost sounds like all cards before week 38 will be faulty? Is that actually the case? It must still be a small amount of cards that are faulty, right? Would be insane for literally all potentially faulty connectors to go thru quality control.

If it is, as I said, running perfectly, do I have to worry about it just out of the blue breaking and potentially harming my entire system? Or can I rest somewhat easy now, and problems might only arise if I ever have to replug the power connectors?

My current strategy would be to wait for stock to be stable and then contact Gigabyte support and hopefully get a great solution like @GIGA-Man is offering, but I live in Germany and haven't heard good things about support here.

Is that a safe option? Or can it really just break my rig randomly?

Soldato
Company is built on the staff it uses . Few years now gigabyte UK staff on this forum has built a reputation other vendors from across the hardware scene can't match .
Then lies the problem when other countries within the same company can't manage the same calibre ... Hopefully Gigabyte EU/ Asia and US takes note.
Seeing a lot of non UK gigabyte owners coming here for the support which is nice to see as it grows the forum but shame it's their last resort

Associate
Company is built on the staff it uses . Few years now gigabyte UK staff on this forum has built a reputation other vendors from across the hardware scene can't match .
Then lies the problem when other countries within the same company can't manage the same calibre ... Hopefully Gigabyte EU/ Asia and US takes note.
Seeing a lot of non UK gigabyte owners coming here for the support which is nice to see as it grows the forum but shame it's their last resort

Gigabyte guys from Poland are also very helpful, you can see they like their job. I really recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom