• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
lucky the mobo's are UK, everywhere else is EU ....

think half of the reason forums members go to Gigabyte is down to the Rep support here

Motherboards only? Something I wasn't aware of, I thought it was more than that so I've learnt something new.

Still, like you say, the GIGA-Man is actually helpful and having someone to contact directly is certainly a plus.

Associate
thx @GIGA-Man for the updates ..as stated before are you able to give the serial number info cut off points on the Old design ? on the range of cards effected with the block..

As it seems this issue will happen regardless over time on the old design and would be great info for peeps to know if there on the new or old design of the block.

So then they can decide what is best for them going forward if there on the old block.

Hey Harney,

I've asked my HQ for the info but as yet still don't know the serial number cut off, I'll keep chasing them.

Ico

Ico

Associate
I've talked to my HQ and they are working on a new version of RGB Fusion, for now if you use the new version of AORUS Engine it will let you change the colour of the LED's there for now.
Great stuff thank you very much. I received reply on my video from esupport today and their instructions resolved the problem. Basically the gpu wasnt detected by software so i had to DDU then fresh install Aorus engine then RGB fusion then to install Nvidia latest driver. Great CS from all Gigabyte team thank you very much

Soldato
Sorry if this has been already asked. but will this problem be the case with the aorus cards?

No, the ne user already had it here. Few in US too. Connector is on the PCB I believe. Could be wrong. the Aorus Xtreme are triple 8 pins as well

Motherboards only? Something I wasn't aware of, I thought it was more than that so I've learnt something new.

Still, like you say, the GIGA-Man is actually helpful and having someone to contact directly is certainly a plus.

Yep, believe gigabyte only ones to repair Mobos in UK . Can drop them off your use to along with GPU at Milton Keynes.

Few times with @GIGA-Man help, users have shipped CPU and Ram for full check as reseller wouldn't do it, or messed up .

Associate
No, the ne user already had it here. Few in US too. Connector is on the PCB I believe. Could be wrong. the Aorus Xtreme are triple 8 pins as well

Yep, believe gigabyte only ones to repair Mobos in UK . Can drop them off your use to along with GPU at Milton Keynes.

Few times with @GIGA-Man help, users have shipped CPU and Ram for full check as reseller wouldn't do it, or messed up .

Oooooh you mean they are the only ones to do motherboards. Sorry, misunderstanding, I thought you meant they only do motherboards in the UK and not GPUs etc etc.

That would have been one hell of a turnaround time if that GPU went across the Channel and back again!

Associate
Kind of hoping i dont get my Eagle card until next month now after reading this (the already fixed cards), cba having to send it back and i defiantly dont have the skill set to be fixing it myself,

Associate
Yes, going to leave it, can always RMA when there is more available

I'm wondering if there is a "window" to RMA this card regarding faulty connector, or you can decide when to send your card to reseller.

I'm going to get Eagle OC tomorrow. In case I get a faulty power connector, can I request just upgraded plastic box with power connectors?
I'm not interested to sending card back.

I'm wondering this too, because replacing whole block with newer and "improved" version should be easier than messing around with individual pins. Very unlikely, at least coming from Gigabyte, but worth asking.

Associate
OP
I'm going to get Eagle OC tomorrow. In case I get a faulty power connector, can I request just upgraded plastic box with power connectors?
I'm not interested to sending card back.

No you have to contact @GIGA-Man as stated in the OP under update 3 here it is

"Any one that start to have these problems on the cards, please contact [email protected] and I'll get it fixed for you, to save time please include name, address, serial number, check number (these are on the box label) and best day for collection. I'll arrange to have the card collected, fixed and shipped back to you ASAP."

Its a quick turn around of 3 days as someone mentioned in this thread before

Back
Top Bottom