• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Update:
Opened my GPU, pushed the pins back into the power connector, plugged in the 8-pin cables, made sure to push the pins all the way in from underneath the card's power connector, put on some new thermal paste, put the whole thing together and now it's running like a dream. It was a very easy fix, but I've never done it before so i was a bit sceptical. Glad i did it though. I must say I am astounded how they we're able to ship this card with this power connector though. I'll probably have to go through the same process again if i ever plug the power out of the card.

I agree it is an easy fix but if you have not done it before it might be a bit scary. Also, it is not something you should trouble yourself with when buying a brand new product.

Associate
OP
For what is worth I got Vision pre-ordered on OCUK ( 2nd place in the queue ) I shall update how pins are once I have received my card.

That would be great thx

Update:
Opened my GPU, pushed the pins back into the power connector, plugged in the 8-pin cables, made sure to push the pins all the way in from underneath the card's power connector, put on some new thermal paste, put the whole thing together and now it's running like a dream. It was a very easy fix, but I've never done it before so i was a bit sceptical. Glad i did it though. I must say I am astounded how they we're able to ship this card with this power connector though. I'll probably have to go through the same process again if i ever plug the power out of the card.

Glad you got it sorted ..i hope you used non conductive thermal paste ..what i would do if i was in your position... is get the card in and get using it and leave it be ..then once all the dust settles and there is good stock everywhere ..then RMA and get the new connector block ..that way far less down time

Glad your up and running enjoy

Glad you got it sorted ..i hope you used non conductive thermal paste ..what i would do if i was in your position... is get the card in and get using it and leave it be ..then once all the dust settles and there is good stock everywhere ..then RMA and get the new connector block ..that way far less down time
Glad your up and running enjoy

Thanks! Will do that

Associate
Hi ya'll, I've whizzed through this thread a bit, so apologies if the answer has been posted, I didn't see it:

Will this issue delay the Eagle OC? As in - did you delay them from the factory to fix this issue? Someone told me that they won't now get shipped until November?

Associate
OP
Hi ya'll, I've whizzed through this thread a bit, so apologies if the answer has been posted, I didn't see it:

Will this issue delay the Eagle OC? As in - did you delay them from the factory to fix this issue? Someone told me that they won't now get shipped until November?

I am not sure re delays maybe if they pulling the defective stock back in and fixing then yes ..i would guess this is a big problem for Gigabyte atm re the stock that as been built with the defective block and they are revising all new built cards going forward as stated by Giga-man... and to add its not just the Eagles effected here any with the old connector blocks

Associate
Just to let everyone know. I've received my card back. Connector and pins look much better. I've yet to test it but will let you know how it goes when I've had some time this evening.

Fantastic after sales service.

Thanks @GIGA-Man !!!

That's impressive service. Glad to hear you are back up and running again

Were you able to tell if you received your original card that had been repaired or a new replacement?

Associate
that is very quick .. its good that we have this forum to highlight issues like this rapidly

It's an issue no doubt and not a great experience under the current circumstances. Demand for the card increases everyone's frustration exponentially. Unfortunately these things do happen. What's important is that the after sales support is there. Having that level of support and commitment from Gigabyte on this forum is incredible.

Associate
That's impressive service. Glad to hear you are back up and running again

Were you able to tell if you received your original card that had been repaired or a new replacement?

It's my card. I had the option of waiting for a new one but I know stock is very limited and demand is huge. So I made the choice to get mine back with the fix applied.

Associate
In regards to shipment delays, not too sure but would say no. To change the part at a factory level is very easy as it's a just a cable connector, the allocation as everyone here is painfully aware is very tight. This means all stock when produced is sent straight out, the factories have been were closed over the last few days for Mid-Autumn Festival. Any delay would be because of that and should be for nothing else. Those holiday was already factored into the shipping info I provided last week, any new card produced all have the new connector. If anyone else has issues, I'll make sure to get it fixed for you ASAP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom