• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
OP
I read that, but I want know if there is also other option like the one I mentioned.
And I doubt it would take just 3 days. Maybe inside UK country, but I'm from Czech Republic.

As far as i know the rep did state they did not want peeps messing with these cards cos to get to the block the whole heat sink as to come off.

I am not sure re you not being in the uk but he did advise someone from Spain before will have to wait see what the rep says. @GIGA-Man can you advise Marek Sedler please.

Associate
OP
Faulty connector its when i cant plug pins or what?Can explain me pls

Its when the pins push in they de crimp in the connector box and as you see in this photo then the card may not work.

In this thread its happened to a few and some on Reddit

here is an example of one of user in this thread with there 3090 Gaming oc
I quote

"I have this exact issue, my 3090 Gaming OC doesn't start now. All it took was one unplugging and replugging to tidy up the cabling a bit after the initial testing. Looking at the pins they are definitely all over the place. Not happy, especially since it's such minor thing and easy to get right/wrong, yet so critical. I could try and get those pins in order with some tweezers, but for such an expensive product you wouldn't expect having to resort to such measures. Nor do I want to."

NLEKdyl.jpg

Hope that helps

Associate
Its when the pins push in they de crimp in the connector box and as you see in this photo then the card may not work.

In this thread its happened to a few and some on Reddit

here is an example of one of user in this thread with there 3090 Gaming oc
I quote

"I have this exact issue, my 3090 Gaming OC doesn't start now. All it took was one unplugging and replugging to tidy up the cabling a bit after the initial testing. Looking at the pins they are definitely all over the place. Not happy, especially since it's such minor thing and easy to get right/wrong, yet so critical. I could try and get those pins in order with some tweezers, but for such an expensive product you wouldn't expect having to resort to such measures. Nor do I want to."

NLEKdyl.jpg

Hope that helps
Thank you bro for real proffessional help.

Associate
I have exactly the same problem. Received my 3090 gaming oc on the 29th. Tried to plugin the power connectors. Did not fit... out of the box. Tried to connect another pair and after pushing hard it went in.. to only find out that the pins were pushed back. From the back of the card I could push a few wires back in. Still I think 1 pin is not connected right. The card works though but I had few cases that seemed like OCP triggers? (black screen, reboot). I have contacted my local rep (Netherlands) that was listed on the site. Still have 2 weeks left to return if it's going to take longer.

I would like to know how the local Dutch rep deals with this problem. Plz keep us informed.

It really surprises me a lot why Gigabyte didn't test the connector properly before putting this product on the market.

@GIGA-Man In The Netherlands, since release, there has not been a single EAGLE card spotted. Do you have any information on EAGLE ETA's to NL?

Associate
I've talked to Spain sales rep of one of the biggest resellers (where I bought my card), and they "are not aware of any issue with Gigabyte RTX3080 cards", and they recomend me to use warranty and in two or three weeks the card should be repaired. Automatic response, they are not going to take any special measure regarding this issue.

So, DIY repair, or, with some luck, spare kit in ebay with improved connectors.

Associate
As far as i know the rep did state they did not want peeps messing with these cards cos to get to the block the whole heat sink as to come off.

I am not sure re you not being in the uk but he did advise someone from Spain before will have to wait see what the rep says. @GIGA-Man can you advise Marek Sedler please.

Hey Marek,

You'd need to check the local GIGABYTE office in your region to see what action they are taking, I can only help and advise on the UK directly.

Associate
I would like to know how the local Dutch rep deals with this problem. Plz keep us informed.

It really surprises me a lot why Gigabyte didn't test the connector properly before putting this product on the market.

@GIGA-Man In The Netherlands, since release, there has not been a single EAGLE card spotted. Do you have any information on EAGLE ETA's to NL?

Hey, sorry no I don't have any info on that. If you mail the local office, you can find the contact details on the GIGABYTE website under contact us. I'm sure they'll reply and let you know.

Associate
OP
Edit*** just saw the response GIGA-man gave thx

I have exactly the same problem. Received my 3090 gaming oc on the 29th. Tried to plugin the power connectors. Did not fit... out of the box. Tried to connect another pair and after pushing hard it went in.. to only find out that the pins were pushed back. From the back of the card I could push a few wires back in. Still I think 1 pin is not connected right. The card works though but I had few cases that seemed like OCP triggers? (black screen, reboot). I have contacted my local rep (Netherlands) that was listed on the site. Still have 2 weeks left to return if it's going to take longer.

That is not good to hear at all you could damage the card having force things and then the connectors not being correctly connected ... my advice and as the UK rep as stated.. Is to contact Gigabyte direct for country your in as they will certainly know more about this than the reseller does..This applies to all Non UK Buyers.

I would also get the reseller where you bought the card from to acknowledge there is an issue by linking this thread as it shows clearly there is a problem as stated by the Gigabyte Rep here.

Also please post up some photos if you wish..As evidence. It builds a better case re this problem going forward .

Its the main reason the threads here for.

Now there seems to be a problem where Non UK buyers are having problems and there reseller not knowing about this problem.. and lets be clear here there is a problem... well on the early stock with the defective blocks that is.

Gigabyte needs to address this and to help all buyers no matter which country your from and get it turned around with replaced fixed card.

@GIGA-Man As great full as i am that your able to help out UK buyers.. can you please advise the non UK buyers what there options are here...Surly Gigabyte need to make things clear re this issue. People that are Non UK need to know where they stand with this .. my guess depending how many of these cards with the defective blocks are out in the wild ..then its only going to get worse with more reports cropping up.

I will have to update the OP what there options are for Non UK buyers.

Associate
I am looking now for you ..

I've just opened eSupport case, it's my only option regarding Gigabyte, and not the reseller. I seriously doubt there is some kind of Gigabyte "representative" in Spain, we're north africa for some things..

Associate
Sorry to ask an OT question here - of all you guys who won the card lottery and actually have a card - are any of them the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC 10GB?

Back
Top Bottom