• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-store-update-geforce-rtx-3080-and-rtx-3090-/

We have heard your feedback regarding the NVIDIA online store and are working to improve the experience.

In the meantime, we will be selling our GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition through other partners. In the US, you can shop for Founders Edition at **** *** - GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 . In Europe, we continue to review Founders Edition fulfillment options.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners.

Associate
Coil whine on my 3090 is loud as all hell when the frames hit 300+fps on game menus etc... hoping its cured when i change the cooler for watercooling it

Associate
Wow... they've basically just given up then. Using someone else in the US, and just, "we'll let you know" for the rest of the world.

Maybe moving away from Digital River (if that's what they are hinting at) won't be such a bad thing. Would be good to see other sellers (i.e. OCUK) sell the FE so long as the price is fixed at £649

Soldato
Maybe moving away from Digital River (if that's what they are hinting at) won't be such a bad thing. Would be good to see other sellers (i.e. OCUK) sell the FE so long as the price is fixed at £649

Unless they enforce the MSRP like MS and Sony do for consoles I guarantee you sellers will scalp the prices.

Soldato

That wouldn't be good. Not in any way.

They should give it to a company worth a trillion dollars or something. Someone who can competently run an online store/website without it crawling to a stop when a couple thousand people want to buy something.

Associate
Statement from Nvidia:

We have heard your feedback regarding the NVIDIA online store and are working to improve the experience.

In the meantime, we will be selling our GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition through other partners. In the US, you can shop for Founders Edition at Best Buy - GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 . In Europe, we continue to review Founders Edition fulfillment options.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-store-update-geforce-rtx-3080-and-rtx-3090-/

Associate
I've definitely got coil whine on my 3080 FE. Fortunately the headphones I use(Sennheiser hd 6xx) manage to block it out even if audio isn't playing, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Edit: To add, my PSU is a Corsair RM850x, which by all accounts is a really good one, so I doubt it's the PSU.

Statement from Nvidia:

In the meantime, we will be selling our GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition through other partners. In the US, you can shop for Founders Edition at Best Buy - GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 . In Europe, we continue to review Founders Edition fulfillment options.

More fluff, and meaningless statements, moving on swiftly....

Associate
What PSU’s are people using with the coil whine? This is why I moved away from Corsair psu’s
Well, funnily enough I was having other unrelated issues last week so I did actually try another 850w PSU with the GPU and I got coil whine with both, so don't think it's just corsair. As mentioned above atm I am using a Corsair RM850x, but the other one I tried was a Superflower Leadex III GOLD 850w. Both highly regarded.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/j0m3ha/rtx_3080rtx_3090_coil_whine/

According to some reddit users, coil whine goes away after few weeks of use.
Would be nice if that's the case, but I'm not optimistic just because I've never had coil whine go away in any other GPUs I've had with the issue.

Soldato
36-F974-B9-3880-4954-B6-C3-65-C28788-BA7-C.jpg

Back
Top Bottom