• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Remember if you don't like the connector that comes in the box, you can get / buy official cables from your PSU manufacturer.

Don't get third party Chinese cables as they will not be correctly rated / specified for the amount of power delivery needed and you will void the warranty and likely kill the GPU.

On that note I'm not sure if cablemod cables are allowed as I used an Asus voucher code to get a full set for my EVGA T2, all the cables I have are solid and work, but are we allow to use cablemod 8 > 12pin vga cables if they do make them?

Associate
That FE looks so small in a non-Mini ITX case!

Can definitely recommend getting a 2x8pin to 12pin cable from your PSU manufacturer. I got the Corsair one and it's much neater than using two cables and the adapter. Although far too long for my NCASE build so now waiting on some custom unsleeved cables from the US to try and tidy things up a bit.

Associate
So I've just been ranting with the FE seller about how almost every one of the cards they sold ended up on ebay ...

'The purchase button was available however, the number of customers ordering tends to run into the thousands. We sell within seconds.'

Did anyone here ever see a purchase button while the Nvidia site was saying stock was available? I believe the few lucky people that did had it come up after 2.30 on the day of the 3080 Ti launch.

Associate
So I've just been ranting with the FE seller about how almost every one of the cards they sold ended up on ebay ...

'The purchase button was available however, the number of customers ordering tends to run into the thousands. We sell within seconds.'

Did anyone here ever see a purchase button while the Nvidia site was saying stock was available? I believe the few lucky people that did had it come up after 2.30 on the day of the 3080 Ti launch.

No not on the nvidia site - I made the mistake of looking at that the drop before last week.

Get telegram on your phone, subscribe to part alerts and as soon as the link appears to the site I cannot mention follow it. Worked for me - and I can assure you my 3070FE has not and will not end up on that auction site.

Soldato
He knows this but feels it’s beneficial to ring an unsuspecting customer service rep who has no say in how they sell the cards and rant at them and because people put the cards on eBay. Seriously??? :rolleyes:

Fairy sure he has a 1080ti, it’s not like he can’t play games at decent settings and frames.

Think about it, if the FE card becomes more hassle than it’s worth, they’ll just stop selling it and another retailer might not take them up on it and we could be like Sweden. AMD already ignores the U.K….

Associate
He knows this but feels it’s beneficial to ring an unsuspecting customer service rep who has no say in how they sell the cards and rant at them and because people put the cards on eBay. Seriously??? :rolleyes:

Fairy sure he has a 1080ti, it’s not like he can’t play games at decent settings and frames.

Think about it, if the FE card becomes more hassle than it’s worth, they’ll just stop selling it and another retailer might not take them up on it and we could be like Sweden. AMD already ignores the U.K….

My rant was because there was no purchase button, and because they stopped accepting paypal. I also mentioned scalper sales along with that. I've told them that if I notice any future drops, I will record the process of trying to buy one. If there is no purchase button offered again (they claimed there was when there never was for anyone here), I will attempt to take action for refusal of service. If my debit payment gets blocked by my bank, I will attempt to take action for indirect refusal of service for not allowing me to pay by paypal.

Yes I know I rant about suing everyone, feel free to fight me for it, Idgaf. All they have to do is allow me to use paypal to pay, and not restrict the buy button as they keep on doing.

I already followed all their suggestions and spoke to my bank's fraud prevention service earlier. They will not offer a pre purchase approval for anything, and they don't believe that any bank does. They explained to me that what happens is that if scammers are able to get hold of people's card details, they will place a large value order to their address and then call them pretending to be from fraud detection to get the customer's full bank details. They have to deal with these scams all the time so they cannot prevent the fraud detection picking up and blocking sudden large value payments, even if its to a computer shop for my upgrades once every year or two.

When I last bought my 1080 Ti, I was with Halifax at the time and had the exact same thing happen. They blocked the payment and back then my debit card as well, and it took me 3 days to get it unblocked. I had to pay by paypal instead, and since then only use paypal for online orders. Also Barclay's just confirmed to me that they never block paypal payments as that is secure enough for them to not have do so.

Also its funny that you still complain about me not having to upgrade because I already have a 1080 ti, you know theres a guy on this forum that already got a 3080 and two 3070s that is still asking for voucher codes for a 3080 ti to 'upgrade' to?

My 1080 ti cannot do either 4K or ray tracing thanks. I need at need at least a 3080 for that.

Soldato
My rant was because there was no purchase button, and because they stopped accepting paypal. I also mentioned scalper sales along with that. I've told them that if I notice any future drops, I will record the process of trying to buy one. If there is no purchase button offered again (they claimed there was when there never was for anyone here), I will attempt to take action for refusal of service. If my debit payment gets blocked by my bank, I will attempt to take action for indirect refusal of service for not allowing me to pay by paypal.

Yes I know I rant about suing everyone, feel free to fight me for it, Idgaf. All they have to do is allow me to use paypal to pay, and not restrict the buy button as they keep on doing.

I already followed all their suggestions and spoke to my bank's fraud prevention service earlier. They will not offer a pre purchase approval for anything, and they don't believe that any bank does. They explained to me that what happens is that if scammers are able to get hold of people's card details, they will place a large value order to their address and then call them pretending to be from fraud detection to get the customer's full bank details. They have to deal with these scams all the time so they cannot prevent the fraud detection picking up and blocking sudden large value payments, even if its to a computer shop for my upgrades once every year or two.

When I last bought my 1080 Ti, I was with Halifax at the time and had the exact same thing happen. They blocked the payment and back then my debit card as well, and it took me 3 days to get it unblocked. I had to pay by paypal instead, and since then only use paypal for online orders. Also Barclay's just confirmed to me that they never block paypal payments as that is secure enough for them to not have do so.

Also its funny that you still complain about me not having to upgrade because I already have a 1080 ti, you know theres a guy on this forum that already got a 3080 and two 3070s that is still asking for voucher codes for a 3080 ti to 'upgrade' to?

My 1080 ti cannot do either 4K or ray tracing thanks. I need at need at least a 3080 for that.

Suing them for refusal of service…seriously?

Where is your ‘evidence’ no one on here got a ‘buy’ button. The last few pages are littered with people who got a 3080s in the last drop amongst other cards. It seemed to be a huge windfall for forum members compared to previous drops.

You do not *NEED* a 3080, you *WANT* a 3080 which is a luxury product to play video games. It isn’t, food, water, shelter etc.

Just because someone else has done a better job at getting hold of stock doesn’t give you the right to rant at a customer service person and sue them for refusal of service.

Whether or not you get a buy button is ultimately determined by when your page loads, how many others are loading the page and what caching your own browser and own ISP is doing behind the scenes. It’s a complete roll of the dice.

They have zero obligation to take PayPal, ranting at some customer service person is t going to change that, deal with it. Your bank constantly refuses these kind of payments because it looks like out of character spending, it’s certainly is out of character spending for you. Who’s betting you’ll also be straight out of the gate to sue them for not blocking out of character spending which is actually a scam. Take it up with them.

Soldato
I literally just did and I told them the chance of such a scam happening is maybe 1:1000 compared to my online purchases. I told them I would like for anything ordered in my name to my address to not be blocked, and in the rare case that such a scam does happen I can ask them then to reverse the payment.

Why would I take action against the bank for that? Unless they refused to reverse such a payment if it happened?

Or you know they could let me have a £1200 credit card for one off purchases but they wont.

I've been trying to figure out for ages for how else I can pay if not by visa debit, paypal not allowed, and I can't get a credit card.

Neither Halifax nor Barclays will allow sudden large payments. Other banks don't offer the same interest free monthly £15 or so I currently get.

Pretty sure I could easily spin it into indirect disability discrimination for refusing a reasonable adjustment thingamajik. Would honestly love to give it try with how fed up I am.

'Refusal of service' applies to all sold goods, not just essential items.

Also not to mention they normally take, and still accept paypal for everything else. Their refusal to allow it on the 3080s puts me at a disadvantage at trying to ever get one.

I didn't say take action against your bank, I said take it up with them. I never suggested moving you banking to another provider but there is nothing stopping you opening an account with someone else and just putting your GPU money there ready to go...

They don't have to give you a credit card either if you don't meet their lending criteria which is mainly based on how much you earn and if you have defaulted in the past. There are other providers that may lend to a high risk customer but they may come with additional strings. You know that already.

Indirect discrimination for not accepting PayPal? Get real, I'm not even going to dignify that with a proper response.

We all get you are fed up but its your poor entitled attitude that means people frankly don't care or constantly call out your nonsense....

Associate
mainly based on how much you earn and if you have defaulted in the past.

This is where the issue is. I 'earn' enough. Its just 'neetbux'.

Barclays literally have a rule where they can't refuse mortgages to people on neetbux as they consider it disability discrimination.

I have a mortgage with them and have repaid 10k in under 3 years.

But I fail the checks for a £1200 credit card because neetbux don't qualify.

So if its considered 'disability discrimination' by Barclays to refuse mortgages to people on neetbux, is it also not the same to refuse credit cards?

Every other lender is stricter than Barclays are, if I can't get one with them, I can't get it with anyone.

I have never defaulted, had bad credit score, missed any payments or anything in my life.

Hmmm, guess I'm bored enough, time to write a claims letter to Barclay's as a joke and see if they will succumb and give me another free £1500 or so for refusing to give me a credit card when I already have a mortgage with them.

Last edited:
Associate
Had buy button for a 3070ti but was only looking out of interest

Seeing how well the discord stock finder worked

Very well is the conclusion

Today could have had a rx6800xt

Soldato
This is where the issue is. I 'earn' enough. Its just 'neetbux'.

Barclays literally have a rule where they can't refuse mortgages to people on neetbux as they consider it disability discrimination.

I have a mortgage with them and have repaid 10k in under 3 years.

But I fail the checks for a £1200 credit card because neetbux don't qualify.

So if its considered 'disability discrimination' by Barclays to refuse mortgages to people on neetbux, is it also not the same to refuse credit cards?

Every other lender is stricter than Barclays are, if I can't get one with them, I can't get it with anyone.

I have never defaulted, had bad credit score, missed any payments or anything in my life.

Hmmm, guess I'm bored enough, time to write a claims letter to Barclay's as a joke and see if they will succumb and give me another free £1500 or so for refusing to give me a credit card when I already have a mortgage with them.

No, its because a mortgage and a credit card are completely different types of debt and risk profiles. A mortgage is secured against a house which for the most part appreciates, if you don't pay, they can take your house relatively easily and get the money back.

If you default on a credit card which is unsecured debt and its much harder for them to recover the money. It's also very easy to build debt that you can't afford to repay due to the interest rates. Because of this the rules around who providers can give unsecured debt to have tightened massively.

If you need someone to blame, it's those who took 'pay day' loans and built large credit card debt even though couldn't pay back the debt and then somehow secured compensation from the lender for lending them the money they asked for even though they couldn't afford to repay it.

Back
Top Bottom