• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
What card do you have now? If it's anything above a 9 series card or even a 9 series card or AMD equivalent, I'd try to hang on for a Founders Edition drop. Those AIB prices are :eek:

I always bought AIB cards, never FE cards. But this round is quite different as everyone knows.

In my current machine I have a 1080GTX but I wanted to keep my older system completely intact, I do have an old 670gtx but I didn't want to take 1080 out of this machine unless I was sure new PC was going to work (I want to keep this one up and running incase I run into any issues with new build and knowing my luck id have an issue and have problems with old 670, I always jump to worse case scenarios), I suppose I could just use the built in gpu in new pc and use that for a couple of weeks whilst I check everything is ok before moving over but I didnt want any possible hassle when switching current PC 1080 and putting old 670 back in if I didn't need to.

I recently got a 12700k, z690 tomahawk and 32GB ddr4 memory and I am doing a lot of room re-organizing and cleaning (which is REALLY overdue) before building it which I plan to do this weekend.

Dad has hospital tomorrow, got to sort out mums medication this week and she has pre-op next week so im going to be very busy so will mostly likely miss any drops for FE.

Its a really sucky situation with the GPU's and nvidia need to stop slacking and spreading themselves thin by making new older cards and just start producing a lot more 3070/80 cards (Really hoping the holding back keeping stock low rumor is false, if its not and it comes out god help them) and the AIB folk need to stop being complete ******* ******** and charging 2-3x the price of the original card for what is essentially a custom fan.

Edit

This is what I currently have

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-GTX-1080-GAMING-8G

Edit 2

The 670 as been stored for 4+ years now, not even sure if it still works so that is another risk, told you I am worst case scenario guy lol

Edit 3
Just spotted this
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1c3-gi.html

Shame its white though, it is awfully tempting.

Last edited:
Associate
A ton of FE drops in Europe today, those looking for a card might want to make sure their Telegram / Discord alerts are all set up in the next week or two as I don't think Nvidia will miss the chance to flog another lot of cards to UK buyers before Christmas.

It really is worth trying.

Soldato
We are due another FE drop in the UK given I'm out and about travelling...
Granted, I'm only in Bovington but a fair few drops earlier in the year where when I was away, so get ready boys :D

Associate
A ton of FE drops in Europe today, those looking for a card might want to make sure their Telegram / Discord alerts are all set up in the next week or two as I don't think Nvidia will miss the chance to flog another lot of cards to UK buyers before Christmas.

It really is worth trying.

Read some folk saying they bought during the last UK drop and only had cards shipped today so maybe the 'drop' has been and gone.

Associate
I saw that a Saturday drop has only occurred once from where you can obtain it, I am hoping that does not get repeated tomorrow as Saturdays are the only time I HAVE to go out for an hour or two and I don't have a data plan.

Associate
It shouldn't be that bad. Its a luxury not a necessity!

Maybe not but if sites put a ban on scalping by either removing 3rd party sales or put a 10% higher than retail price it might make them not bother with their scripts and bots for only a couple of quid, hell even a queue system with no free for all every time that goes in minutes would be preferable. They did they during the start of the pandemic and they should continue in times of shortage when people are taking advantage. Doesn't help there is only one place you can get an FE card which in of itself is complete tosh.

Saving up for 9 years and cant get the most important component and for a gaming PC it is a necessity.

Soldato
Maybe not but if sites put a ban on scalping by either removing 3rd party sales or put a 10% higher than retail price it might make them not bother with their scripts and bots for only a couple of quid, hell even a queue system with no free for all every time that goes in minutes would be preferable. They did they during the start of the pandemic and they should continue in times of shortage when people are taking advantage. Doesn't help there is only one place you can get an FE card which in of itself is complete tosh.

Saving up for 9 years and cant get the most important component and for a gaming PC it is a necessity.

People will always find a way to abuse it , I'm happy Nvidia do the drops the way they do it, I was never gonna pay the scalped prices and very happy to get the 3080fe for £660 my friend also got one .. you just need to set the alerts on phone joining the alert groups and complete the purchase using the phone you can also save the card info to complete it faster

If you work and don't have access to phone yeah that's fustrating

Associate
People will always find a way to abuse it , I'm happy Nvidia do the drops the way they do it, I was never gonna pay the scalped prices and very happy to get the 3080fe for £660 my friend also got one .. you just need to set the alerts on phone joining the alert groups and complete the purchase using the phone you can also save the card info to complete it faster

If you work and don't have access to phone yeah that's fustrating

Got a phone but no data plan, still floating on the £10 I topped up last year.

Back
Top Bottom