• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
I returned 3080 for coil whine and I'm in my late 30s , the replacement also has it but not as much and it gets drowned out once the fans kick in

Man of Honour
Did anyone notice much difference in RAM and CPU temps with the FE cards that exhaust upwards? I'm looking to upgrade from my 3060ti that's all.

With my 3070FE I did - but my previous setup I'd pared down to the bare minimum cooling - passive CPU heatsink and only using slow speed chassis fans - worked fine with the 1070 I had in before but CPU was getting toasty with the 3070FE until I put a high speed fan on the CPU heatsink :(

Associate
Can you confirm they are using different pads or just assuming ? If they did would have Heard more about it

You could just had card that the pad wasn't aligned properly ?

I bought my card back in April last year. It would hit 104C on the VRAM playing even old games like GTA V. This would put the fans to 'jet-mode'. Unbearably loud.
I replaced just the pads on the back side of the card, and this dropped the temps to about 94-96C in same situations. Still very hot, but enough that the fans never hit 'jet-mode', so I was happy.
I RMA'ed my card for coil-whine end of December, received new-sealed-in-retail-box card start of Jan. While this card still has coil-whine, the VRAM temps are massively better. Stock out of the box the max is like 88-90C.

While I havent opened up the replacement card to confirm, I cant see how else the temps would be so much better.

Soldato
Bagged a 3090FE, then started to get buyers remorse...

Then had a call from work, promotion and pay rise!

Plus, birthday in a couple of weeks...buyers remorse gone :)

(still a bit late to the 3090FE party, but the chances of actually getting anything better this year are remote...right?)
(the right is the buyer remorse bit!)

Associate
I managed to bag a 3090 FE. Been hovering over lots of gpus the last few months but thought nope, hang on and try and get an FE. Ideally wanted a 3080 or 3080ti but gotta take your chance when they drop i suppose. Currently have a 2080 so hopefully recoup some cost by selling that. Looking forward to the performance increase though!!

Soldato
Bagged a 3090FE, then started to get buyers remorse...

Then had a call from work, promotion and pay rise!

Plus, birthday in a couple of weeks...buyers remorse gone :)

(still a bit late to the 3090FE party, but the chances of actually getting anything better this year are remote...right?)
(the right is the buyer remorse bit!)
Congrats!

Man of Honour
Bit harsh 3090 being 1 per household given they support NVLink, how are people supposed to actually make use of it if you can only buy one card? Can you mix and match FE cards with AIB?

Associate
I tried bagging a 3090FE in the drop today, failed as I had purchased one last year so kept getting order denied. This was really needed for my new business too. This situation is depressing. May have to jump to a 6900XT instead.

Back
Top Bottom