• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Are they a possibility? I haven't been watching the fe drops, i wasn't sure which ones still exist in the UK or not and how often they happen.

I was really thinking 12GB ram as I do keep my cards for a while. 8 seems good for 1440 now, but i wouldnt have thought so in a few years.

not sure why that card has 12gb maybe useful for other tasks but for gaming its not gonna do anything when the card isnt powerful to run it, the gpu will be struggling before it can make any use for it

Associate
Online and ready with my full rig order - just need some 2060ti or 3070 to drop now. Can't stretch any further than that, ideally the former too.

Still ony 3090 so far. Its not going to ONLY be those, is it?

Caporegime
Any patterns in previous drops? Such as a 3090 dropping, followed by a lesser card shortly after?

Edit - now know why I missed so many, accidentally blocked notifications for Telegram.

Soldato
Right then. I've got a 3090 on it's way. Let's hope the temps are acceptable and the coil whine is not too bad....

I play at 4k so coil whine shouldn't be bad as I've always found that it's linked to higher frame rates

Associate
Any patterns in previous drops? Such as a 3090 dropping, followed by a lesser card shortly after?

Edit - now know why I missed so many, accidentally blocked notifications for Telegram.
Last UK drop was all at the same time.
Last NL and DE drop seemed to coming within about 40minutes.

So fingers crossed.

Associate
Right then. I've got a 3090 on it's way. Let's hope the temps are acceptable and the coil whine is not too bad....

I play at 4k so coil whine shouldn't be bad as I've always found that it's linked to higher frame rates
Gratz!
Temps will be excellent. Now that the pads they use are improved.

Coil whine.... odds are you will have some. Might get lucky though so fingers crossed. Or maybe you are old enough not to hear it! :p

Sadly with the FEs, the whine seems more linked to GPU load than just FPS. Mine whines even at 50fps.. :(

Associate
Not looking good - I'm in a chat with them:

"Hi Peter, it is the 3090 FE that is currently available, unfortunately, we do not have any information on the 3060Ti's unfortunately"
they wont tell you, would give you an unfair advantage..remember they sell out in minutes and now a drop has happenned, more people will pay attention to their phones..last drop in netherlands was 3090 and 3070's, but could be anything..they generally drop a few in a day

Associate
they wont tell you, would give you an unfair advantage..remember they sell out in minutes and now a drop has happenned, more people will pay attention to their phones..last drop in netherlands was 3090 and 3070's, but could be anything..they generally drop a few in a day
Yeah, I didn't expect an actual link, but I did tell them I had an entire build in my basket ready to buy if they were getting any today - I didn't think they'd put one in my basket or anything, but I thought they might have hinted. But as you say, nope :) - Can't blame them, I bet they get some grief at times from frustrated customers (its never right to blame the customer services folks though)

Soldato
Gratz!

Coil whine.... odds are you will have some. Might get lucky though so fingers crossed. Or maybe you are old enough not to hear it! :p

Sadly with the FEs, the whine seems more linked to GPU load than just FPS. Mine whines even at 50fps.. :(

Can you confirm they are using different pads or just assuming ? If they did would have Heard more about it

You could just had card that the pad wasn't aligned properly ?

Soldato
Gratz!

I'm 40 in a couple of months. My 1080ti had coil whine for a few months and then just went. Hopefully once the capacitors have bed in a bit the vibrations will get less

Associate
Yeah, I didn't expect an actual link, but I did tell them I had an entire build in my basket ready to buy if they were getting any today - I didn't think they'd put one in my basket or anything, but I thought they might have hinted. But as you say, nope :) - Can't blame them, I bet they get some grief at times from frustrated customers (its never right to blame the customer services folks though)
they got grief off me...got a 3080FE myself, but 15yrs old son wants a pc(meant to be for his 15th/xmas)...snagged a 3060ti and tied and used wifes card but it was decline...that's when found out 1 per household, not just per person. Also tried another time when snagged another and tried to buy with cousin's card, but again declined on my phone...don't know if they register the ip address etc.....just moved house, so have new address/wifi, so wonder if used wife's card again it might work...sitting here meant to be changing insurance addresses and unpacking the multitude of box's stacked around me:cry::cry:..maybe should get back to it...son's b/day not to nov now, so plenty of time for his 16th/xmas

Associate
I'm 40 in a couple of months. My 1080ti had coil whine for a few months and then just went. Hopefully once the capacitors have bed in a bit the vibrations will get less
Or your ears got old ;)

Don't worry, I'm the other side of 40!

Anyway, looking at past drops, about 75mins seems to be the biggest gap between first and last in a day. So that's about 10.30am

Back
Top Bottom